Reply
New Member
randonie
Posts: 14
Registered: ‎11-24-2012
0

2 Repo's and want to get a refinance

My car got repo'd right before I could pay for it. I havent been working and I finally started getting work and it was repo'd a second time a few days ago. They say I need to refinance with another company and pay it off. Do you think if I go to them with $2000 they will refinance a $14000 loan for me? My score is 464


Starting Score: 492 TU 437EQ ( November 29, 2012)
Current Score: 492 TU 437EQ ( November 29, 2012)
Goal Score: 700 (For starters)


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
New Member
randonie
Posts: 14
Registered: ‎11-24-2012
0

Re: 2 Repo's and want to get a refinance

Might be able to do $3000 cash instead of 2000


Starting Score: 492 TU 437EQ ( November 29, 2012)
Current Score: 492 TU 437EQ ( November 29, 2012)
Goal Score: 700 (For starters)


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
StartingOver10
Posts: 4,223
Registered: ‎03-06-2010
0

Re: 2 Repo's and want to get a refinance

What is the year, make and model of the vehicle?

What is the value?

 

Is $14k the payoff now?

Who is your current lender?

Valued Contributor
MovingForward_2012
Posts: 3,406
Registered: ‎12-19-2012
0

Re: 2 Repo's and want to get a refinance

Your score is very low. In order to refinance, you need good credit. People usually refinance after their credit score goes up and they deserve a better rate. It is typically not done just to transfer to a different lender. I think you are going to have to stay with your current lender until your score improves.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! :smileyhappy: Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Moderator
Revelate
Posts: 9,549
Registered: ‎12-30-2011
0

Re: 2 Repo's and want to get a refinance

[ Edited ]

MovingForward_2012 wrote:
Your score is very low. In order to refinance, you need good credit. People usually refinance after their credit score goes up and they deserve a better rate. It is typically not done just to transfer to a different lender. I think you are going to have to stay with your current lender until your score improves.

That isn't accurate honestly; while I would agree people tend to refinance auto loans to get better interest rates, that isn't the situation here: the lender of record on the current auto loan has decided that they will not accept anything less than full payment on the current loan if the OP wishes to keep the car.

 

In this situation, quite likely the refinance is going to be at a worse rate than the initial loan; however, it's still the only option in this situation... namely, getting some other lender to pick up the marker.  

 

About the only lender I might even think of trying might be Santander/Roadloans as I know they'll do auto-loans post-repo on a credit report, but there's a non-zero chance you (the OP) is going to have to bring cash to the table to get it done, if it can be accomplished at all. 

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 673, EQ 8 707, TU 720, EX 702* (09/02/14, EX older)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ '04 (01/01/15)


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
MovingForward_2012
Posts: 3,406
Registered: ‎12-19-2012
0

Re: 2 Repo's and want to get a refinance


Revelate wrote:

MovingForward_2012 wrote:
Your score is very low. In order to refinance, you need good credit. People usually refinance after their credit score goes up and they deserve a better rate. It is typically not done just to transfer to a different lender. I think you are going to have to stay with your current lender until your score improves.

That isn't accurate honestly; while I would agree people tend to refinance auto loans to get better interest rates, that isn't the situation here: the lender of record on the current auto loan has decided that they will not accept anything less than full payment on the current loan if the OP wishes to keep the car.

 

In this situation, quite likely the refinance is going to be at a worse rate than the initial loan; however, it's still the only option in this situation... namely, getting some other lender to pick up the marker.  

 

About the only lender I might even think of trying might be Santander/Roadloans as I know they'll do auto-loans post-repo on a credit report, but there's a non-zero chance you (the OP) is going to have to bring cash to the table to get it done, if it can be accomplished at all. 


Most subprime lenders only finance, not refinance.  That is why I said you need good credit or at least decent credit. If OP gets refinanced with a 467, I will fall over in my chair.

Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! :smileyhappy: Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict
Posts: 21,013
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: 2 Repo's and want to get a refinance

As other asked, what is the car, year, miles.

Who has loan currently?

What is term, payment, and rate?

They have car right now and say you can only have it back if you pay in full to them either with cash or a refi?

Fico Scores: EQ- 682 DCU, TU 696 Walmart, EX 686 Prosper(10-30-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
63 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Moderator
Revelate
Posts: 9,549
Registered: ‎12-30-2011
0

Re: 2 Repo's and want to get a refinance

[ Edited ]

MovingForward_2012 wrote:

Revelate wrote:

MovingForward_2012 wrote:
Your score is very low. In order to refinance, you need good credit. People usually refinance after their credit score goes up and they deserve a better rate. It is typically not done just to transfer to a different lender. I think you are going to have to stay with your current lender until your score improves.

That isn't accurate honestly; while I would agree people tend to refinance auto loans to get better interest rates, that isn't the situation here: the lender of record on the current auto loan has decided that they will not accept anything less than full payment on the current loan if the OP wishes to keep the car.

 

In this situation, quite likely the refinance is going to be at a worse rate than the initial loan; however, it's still the only option in this situation... namely, getting some other lender to pick up the marker.  

 

About the only lender I might even think of trying might be Santander/Roadloans as I know they'll do auto-loans post-repo on a credit report, but there's a non-zero chance you (the OP) is going to have to bring cash to the table to get it done, if it can be accomplished at all. 


Most subprime lenders only finance, not refinance.  That is why I said you need good credit or at least decent credit. If OP gets refinanced with a 467, I will fall over in my chair.


Subprime dealer lenders will only finance (WFDS).

 

Subprime auto loan originators, Santander, even Chase, that's not the case.

 

https://www.santanderconsumerusa.com/products/auto-refinance

 

A refinance vs. purchase on a used car is really no different from a financing perspective in my estimation.  I agree it may not be possible, but it is not impossible either and it's worth asking the question as the only other option is to surrender the car and likely go pay cash for a beater as I think someone suggested.

 

 

 

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 673, EQ 8 707, TU 720, EX 702* (09/02/14, EX older)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ '04 (01/01/15)


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
MovingForward_2012
Posts: 3,406
Registered: ‎12-19-2012
0

Re: 2 Repo's and want to get a refinance


Revelate wrote:

MovingForward_2012 wrote:

Revelate wrote:

MovingForward_2012 wrote:
Your score is very low. In order to refinance, you need good credit. People usually refinance after their credit score goes up and they deserve a better rate. It is typically not done just to transfer to a different lender. I think you are going to have to stay with your current lender until your score improves.

That isn't accurate honestly; while I would agree people tend to refinance auto loans to get better interest rates, that isn't the situation here: the lender of record on the current auto loan has decided that they will not accept anything less than full payment on the current loan if the OP wishes to keep the car.

 

In this situation, quite likely the refinance is going to be at a worse rate than the initial loan; however, it's still the only option in this situation... namely, getting some other lender to pick up the marker.  

 

About the only lender I might even think of trying might be Santander/Roadloans as I know they'll do auto-loans post-repo on a credit report, but there's a non-zero chance you (the OP) is going to have to bring cash to the table to get it done, if it can be accomplished at all. 


Most subprime lenders only finance, not refinance.  That is why I said you need good credit or at least decent credit. If OP gets refinanced with a 467, I will fall over in my chair.


Subprime dealer lenders will only finance (WFDS).

 

Subprime auto loan originators, Santander, even Chase, that's not the case.

 

https://www.santanderconsumerusa.com/products/auto-refinance

 

A refinance vs. purchase on a used car is really no different from a financing perspective in my estimation.  I agree it may not be possible, but it is not impossible either and it's worth asking the question as the only other option is to surrender the car and likely go pay cash for a beater as I think someone suggested.

 

 

 


Trust me, if this truly happened frequently for those with bad credit and a repo, to just get their car back because they refinanced.  Do you realize how many people tried to make a payment right before their car got repoed and the car got repoed anyway and they had to pay the full amount to get it back and WISHED someone would refinance their loan so they could get their car back as they did not have the full loan amount to pay off the loan?  Most cars repoed, stay repoed.  I am not going to sugarcoat the real issues.  

Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! :smileyhappy: Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Senior Contributor
drkaje
Posts: 3,492
Registered: ‎07-25-2008
0

Re: 2 Repo's and want to get a refinance

Is the company refusing to accept futher payments?


Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}