cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 new vehicles in less than a month - Oy Vey!!!!

tag
Bmac66
Frequent Contributor

2 new vehicles in less than a month - Oy Vey!!!!

The hubby bought a 2016 Honda Pilot Elite on 8/27 and we financed that vehicle with USAA for 4.49% for 72 months.  Then I got the new car fever and we decided what the hell and on Tuesday we bought me a 2016 Kia Sorento SXL-T and financed through Kia at 4% for 72 months.  We both are still in shock we did this LOL.  Oh well! But definitely out of the car market for the next 5-6 years!

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
CJIII29
Regular Contributor

Re: 2 new vehicles in less than a month - Oy Vey!!!!

Congrats!

Chase Slate Credit Card $1500 credit limit Best Buy Credit
Card $2000 credit limit Amazon Store Card $2100 credit limit .

My Fico scores: Experian 710, Equifax, 702, Transunion 716.
Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

So who has to go get the less desirable stuff, lets say mulch or grass seed?

The one with the biggest car, the one with the oldest car?

Let us know who gets the first ding or scratch and how it goes afterwards?

Congrats again!  We have never done that before.  I did get a new car on the same day my son in law got his though.  He bought a Honda Odyssey and I bought an Acura Mdx, the dealerships were next to each other and owned by the same ppl.  The car payments came out of different accounts though.

GL

Message 3 of 21
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

@Bmac66 wrote:

The hubby bought a 2016 Honda Pilot Elite on 8/27 and we financed that vehicle with USAA for 4.49% for 72 months.  Then I got the new car fever and we decided what the hell and on Tuesday we bought me a 2016 Kia Sorento SXL-T and financed through Kia at 4% for 72 months.  We both are still in shock we did this LOL.  Oh well! But definitely out of the car market for the next 5-6 years!

With your high scores, you should be paying 1.74% to 2.25%, so you are paying twice the interest you should.  Check out DCU.  They use Equifax 04 model.  You should be golden wth them.  I would refinance ASAP if you have already signed with the current lenders:

DCU rates today:

Up to 65 months - 1.74%

Up to 72 months - 2.24%

1.74%  2.24%

https://www.dcu.org/loans/auto-loans.html#rates

Message 4 of 21
Hoya08
Regular Contributor

4.49% from USAA is kinda high for  your scores.  USAA 72-month APR for excellent credit scores is 2.49%.  Are you sure it's not a typo?  If it's not a typo, then you should refinance (both) as soon as possible.

Message 5 of 21
Bmac66
Frequent Contributor

We are rebuilding my husband's credit. His scores are 590's -620. He is co-applicant on both loans. These rates are very competitive considering his scores. Thank you for your advise but I did my research. Lucky we are not at 7.9 or higher considering.
Message 6 of 21
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

@Bmac66 wrote:
We are rebuilding my husband's credit. His scores are 590's -620. He is co-applicant on both loans. These rates are very competitive considering his scores. Thank you for your advise but I did my research. Lucky we are not at 7.9 or higher considering.

I figured there must be something you weren't telling us with the scores you provided!  So as long as you are comfortable with your rates that's all that matters.  If you both have incomes and one isn't stay at home or  a stuent, I would have had you go to DCU for the 1.74% and then had you jointly apply for his car to get the slightly higher rate for him that you got.  Just keep in mind should you want to refi down the road here shortly.  No point in paying a dime more in interest than necessary.

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whew! Top of the line for both - NICE! Congrats! 

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Enjoy it...

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can't make this thread without posting a quick review comparing both SUV's.  

That 2016 Honda Pilot Elite is a fine automobile.  Much nicer than other SUV's doulbe the price.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.