cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2005 Bk/2009 Repo....Can I get auto loan?

tag
hockeyman99

2005 Bk/2009 Repo....Can I get auto loan?

Hi everyone. This is my first post here but have been doing a lot of research on the forum. Thanks for all the great info so far!

Here's my situation:

2005 Bk discharged

March 2009 Repo- American Honda 

EQ score 677

TU score 699

EX score unknown

After seeing others get approved with lower scores than mine and similar situations, I decided to try my chances at getting a new car. I went to a GMC dealer tonight to discuss buying a new Acadia. They pulled my credit (TU) and said my score was higher than it should be and that the repo after the bk was going to be a big problem and i may end up with an interest rate of 15-20%. He said my score doesn't matter, the bk and repo do. He didn't actually submit to any banks yet as we are waiting on pay off info for my trade in (not in my name) and he wants to put the numbers together first. I guess i was expecting better news. Does this sound right? I thought that score does matter. I should also add that i have no lates at all since the repo in March of 2009 that was a 60 day late. Thanks in advance for your help!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Re: 2005 Bk/2009 Repo....Can I get auto loan?

Scores matter, but there are other things lenders take in to consideration.  He's right that the repo could raise a red flag for a lender thus you ending up with a higher than usual interest rate.  You could check with your local CUs or banks to get a better gauge if you're not comfortable with the dealer.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.