Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

23 year old looking to lease car

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

23 year old looking to lease car

Hi,

Had a disappointing meeting this evening with Chrysler-jeep because I didn't get approved.

They went by transunion and my score was 670, I know my other two scores are 720+ because I checked them for when I leased an apartment this summer, which I did qualify for without any co-signor and it's a luxury apartment in manhattan with almost a $6000 rent split three ways.

I've been with my company for a year and I am an independent contractor (real estate broker), I will make somewhere between $125,000-$150,000 on the year depending on how things finalize for the 4th quarter.

I have two credit cards, both under $5000 limit and other than when I was 19, I really haven't missed a payment on anything for 3 years.

I've researched this a lot tonight and I feel like I should definitely get approved off of those numbers. I really do not want to have to use a co-signor.

What should I do? If I show a bank statement of $50,000+ will that help me? I don't want to buy right now I want to lease and I thought based on my background I should be able to lock a fairly nice car in.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 23 year old looking to lease car

Do you have any baddies on your record? Previous auto loan? Has to be something keeping your TU at 670. From all accounts, a lease is harder to obtain than a loan to buy a car with.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I missed an electric bill and a crredit card payment from when I was 19 in college that was paid off a long time ago. other than that there is nothing

@Anonymous wrote:
Do you have any baddies on your record? Previous auto loan? Has to be something keeping your TU at 670. From all accounts, a lease is harder to obtain than a loan to buy a car with.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I missed an electric bill and a crredit card payment from when I was 19 in college that was paid off a long time ago. other than that there is nothing

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmm. I would take a peek at my TU report again if you haven't recently. Something could be there that you don't know about.

Message 4 of 8
Luscher
Valued Contributor

since you have paid both those negatives have you tried to write a GW to them to have them remove the lates?
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not yet. Haven't had the time to but yeah I am going to be doing that.

I forgot to get the credit report from the dealer I don't want to run it again because it's already been checked twice this year 

@Luscher wrote:
since you have paid both those negatives have you tried to write a GW to them to have them remove the lates?

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can get your own reports for free once a year.
Message 7 of 8
credit-hunter
Frequent Contributor

Get yourself another card or two 3-5 CC to help maximize Fico scoring 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.