Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd auto loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2nd auto loan

I am trying to see whether I may or may not have a chance to do a 2nd auto loan.

My current status are:

just had an auto loan from Capital One in October 2011 - currently my wife's car

624 credit score

have BK discharged in March 2010, during the BK process I kept 1 car and paid off in Dec 2010

have only 2 credit cards and less than $500 balance with total limit of $2500

make $68k/yr

reason for the second auto loan is I am swapping my car, paid off in Dec 2010, to my brother's van, family is growing and I need a daily gas saver car to use.

I dont think Capital One can do another loan for me and they do not do refinancing on their own or current loan. I am trying to get the hassle free buying experience with having a blank check and go to a dealer. Any other advisable or reputable bank to share or any advice in getting us a second loan is greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 2nd auto loan

I wouldn't unilaterally discount anyone for a second loan, though I'm a little confused about swapping your car for your brother's van?  Or are you purchasing a second vehicle?

Auto lending is pretty much: if your DTI supports it and you have a sufficient downpayment, you can get a loan.  One's FICO has a larger impact on what APR you get, rather than approvals unlike most other loan types.  For suggestions I'd take a look through the recent Auto Loans Approval to see what lenders are putting money into the field in auto loans.

        
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.