Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

684 Score is Tier 4?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

684 Score is Tier 4?

I recently applied for a auto loan through Ford credit and was denied because they said my score of 684 put me in tier 4 and that made my payment too high? Does anybody know what Ford's tiers are? 684 seems kind of high for tier 4 to me. After I was denied through them I applied through capital one and was approved instantly with a 36k limit, so I'm going to use them. I was just curious about Ford's tiers, seems like they have pretty high standards.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
pritchardhallhokie
Frequent Contributor

Re: 684 Score is Tier 4?

Just curious, did they pull Experian?  Because if they did, you may not know your true score, you may have seen a FAKO.  Just curious.

Starting Score: 584TU / 580EQ
Current Score: 670 TU / 680EQ
Goal Score: 720 TU / 720 EQ

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@pritchardhallhokie wrote:

Just curious, did they pull Experian?  Because if they did, you may not know your true score, you may have seen a FAKO.  Just curious.

The OP said that Ford Credit pulled the score so you know it's an accurate EX FICO. It could be a FICO Auto Enhanced Score. I don't know if Ford pullls those or not.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tiers change daily/weekly/monthly- or really at the drop of the hat.

The other thing is: Credit score alone does not determine your Tier: Excessive risk in the deal can drop you into lower tiers.

As in rolling large amounts of nagative equity- that can take you straight to Tier 4 regardless of your score. Bad loan history, or previous loan history with lender.

Message 4 of 6
pritchardhallhokie
Frequent Contributor

Where do you see they pulled EX?

Starting Score: 584TU / 580EQ
Current Score: 670 TU / 680EQ
Goal Score: 720 TU / 720 EQ

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@pritchardhallhokie wrote:

Where do you see they pulled EX?

You're right that I didn't make myself as clear as I could have.

What I was trying to say is that no matter which score was pulled it would be accurate because the lender pulled.it. 

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.