Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8 credit inquiry from Chase on an auto Loan

tag
wilson382
New Contributor

8 credit inquiry from Chase on an auto Loan

Hello guys,

So on March 12 I went to an Auto Dealer and chose a car financed it, went home and came back the 20th and signed everything and all the paper work and went home on my car.

but i'm confused wiith the amount of credit inquiries in my credit report on the same date for the auto loan. what confuses me the most is they from the bank.

Please  see this   TransUnion Credit Inquiries

In case link Don't Work. http://uploads.im/?v=fz1WA.png

Should I do anything like disputing some of the inquiries OR Is it okay for 1 bank to do 8 credit pulls when only 1 car is being financed?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Hammer23
Frequent Contributor

Re: 8 credit inquiry from Chase on an auto Loan

The bank can do as many inquiries as they deem nessessary to render a decision on your application. If they are coded as auto they should only count as 1 inquiry in your score. 

It may be a system issue, I would contact Chase and ask, then ask them to remove the duplicate inquiries from your file if you are concerned about it. 

WF Home Projects Visa $8500 / Towpath CU Visa $7000 / Chase Freedom Visa $5500 / Cap 1 QS Visa Sig $5000 / Barclaycard Ring MC $5000 / GE Lowes $5000 / Citi Best Buy MC $4250 / Barclaycard Rewards Visa $4000 / BFG CU Visa $3500 / Citi Sears$3000 / WF Visa $2000 / GE Walmart $1900 / GE Care Credit $1900 / GE Amazon $1400 / Cap 1 Kohls $1000 / GE Old Navy $800 / Webbank Fingerhut $700
Message 2 of 4
Remember0
Valued Contributor

Since it's the same day, in theory, I thought they should auto combine? Are the addresses for Chase the same on all of them? I'd maybe first try calling TU and see if they can remove all but 1/combine because it's the same day + same creditor. If they say no, ctart working it with JPM. If their front line CSR + the address on your CR with those inquiries don't work, elevate it to executive level...nice thing about big banks sometimes is I've had a good experience with them removing inquiries when I've asked. Now small banks and smaller companies are a whole another story lol.

Message 3 of 4
wilson382
New Contributor

Yeah I will try transunion tomorrow and see how it does.I will Post back how it goes

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.