Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A question about credit and financing with Honda Financial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A question about credit and financing with Honda Financial

Hello, I have two questions. One I usually have a mid 700 credit score but when I went to my local Honda dealership and ran my credit. It popped up being 679. I was shocked to see that considering I don't have any debt and when I did I've always made more the minimum payment, always paid on time and pay off the amount before the end of the loan. I looked and showed I paid everything on time and have no outstanding balance. Is this common at all? With that said. Would my score get me the 0.9% rate for a new honda? I heard you can negotiate interest rates with car dealerships also. 

Thanks in advance! 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A question about credit and financing with Honda Financial

660 is what you need for tier one with honda finance. Most Hondas places use experian

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well that's good to know but they use Equifax instead of Experian. Thought it was weird they didn't use all three credit bureaus
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

it depends on where you live. In california they use Experian. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used to live in California. They pulled all three but that was years ago. Thanks for your advice! Hope to get myself a brand new Honda Accord in the next week. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.