Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APPROVED!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: APPROVED!!!!

@Italiannyc17 wrote:

Wow with that score? I want the Passat.. I have a 635-650 score. You give me hope!

In speaking with the F&I guy at the dealership, he did say it's not the norm.  My lack of any MAJOR derogs is what likely swung the odds in my favor.  All of my derogs except for my student loans were minor and resolved.  Every case is going to be different, but it's worth trying if you are in need of a car and willing to take the inquiry.

Thanks everyone!

Message 11 of 15
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

Congrats! you got a good deal

Message 12 of 15
jim44
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks to this forum, I got some great advice, jumped my scores up from the low 500s to the mid/high 500s in just a matter of 3 months.  VW Credit approved me with a TU 576 score for a lease and I got a 2015 Jetta SE 1.8t for $19,500 - $250 a month with $3800 down.  Granted, it's a D-Tier and required a little more down than I had anticipated.  However, with my credit, my interest rates on loans were in the high teens.  Any used car I bought would have had negative equity within months.  With a lease, I can pay it on time monthly for a couple of years while the rest of my credit issues get sorted out and eventually move my way up the scale to an A-Tier and receive much better rates without the worry of negative equity.

Thank you all...all of your advice has sincerely moved me along in my credit journey.  

congratulations!  It's so good to hear of a positive transaction in these threads!  Keep up the good work!

Message 13 of 15
jbsea
Established Contributor

Congrats on your new jetta, good job.  keep up the good work.

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 14 of 15
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

Congrats on the new lease.  Keep up the good work on rebuilding your credit.

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.