Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APR advice please?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

APR advice please?

Hello,

Ive been doing some research in preparation of buying a 2014 or 2015 wrangler. I keep getting different APR ranges from various sites when looking for what my likely APR would be. I was approved by WF but the rate is 10.47% which i thought was rather high. Anyone know what APR would be coincidered good for a 650-690 FICO score in Indiana?

Also, if i apply for several loans now and then again in around a month or so would that be scored as 1 inquiry or 2 since its more than 30 days between shopping periods? 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: APR advice please?

If you're willing to take the hard pulls, look at DCU. A 675 EQ score will get you their best rate.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm definitley going to try DCU. You mentioned hard pulls? Doesn't all auto loan inquiries count as one on a credit report?

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes but you have to be a member to get the loan. It is one hard pull for the membership app and one for the loan app.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok. Got it. If i apply w DCU and get approved but do not use the loan right away or wait till my credit score increases will i be able to re-apply for one with them? Or do I have to wait for a certain amount of time to pass?

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not entirely sure on that, maybe someone else can chime in. You can also call and ask them. They are extremely nice and helpful on the phone and you always get someone in America to talk to. I recommend calling right around when they open (8am) or you could be waiting on hold for a while. What is your FICO Equifax score? I received a 4.49% APR on a $20,000 loan. The APR will be reduced by 1/4% after 3 months of on-time payments all the way up to a 1.5% reduction. I'll eventually be at 2.99% which I'm very happy with. You can also refinance your loan with them when your score goes up. Good luck!

Message 6 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

ok. Got it. If i apply w DCU and get approved but do not use the loan right away or wait till my credit score increases will i be able to re-apply for one with them? Or do I have to wait for a certain amount of time to pass?

DCU uses the same hp for credit products for 30 days.  The membership is 1 hp + credit products 1 hp = 2 hps

Message 7 of 11
Ragelog
Established Contributor

You can do as I did though apply for the loan via the phone first then if approved become a member. So worst case it's just another Auto loan pull in your shopping period and you only use the membership hard pull if they offer you terms you want.

EQ04 675, EQ08 676, EX08 719, TU08 703 $12704.75/$123050 Revolving Credit (All 0% or 1.99%) - In Garden Since 5/25/2016

Last negative item should fall off in July 2017.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ragelog wrote:

You can do as I did though apply for the loan via the phone first then if approved become a member. So worst case it's just another Auto loan pull in your shopping period and you only use the membership hard pull if they offer you terms you want.

Well that depends, it wasn't coded as an Auto Loan inquiry on my report.

Message 9 of 11
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ragelog wrote:

Well that depends, it wasn't coded as an Auto Loan inquiry on my report.

We can't see the coding associated with inquiries on our credit reports.   I believe it's based on the customer who is requesting the score or similar.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.