Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUDI / VW credit - oddities

tag
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

AUDI / VW credit - oddities

I'm finding this experience a touch on the odd side.  Normally I would just go to my CU and walk into the dealership with a draft in hand.  Well, AFS was offering 2.9% which wasn't much higher than my CU @ 2.25% and being a bit spontaneous went in and picked it out on a Saturday.

Dealership was easy to deal with for the AFS portion, in and out in a short time after declining all the optional crap.

They mentioned that AFS is paying the 1st month on the note.  That sealed the deal on letting them put through paperwork instead of waiting until the following monday to pick up a check from the CU.

Got home and started digging through all the paperwork documenting stuff about the car, noting the Sirius info, the MMI 3G IMSI/IMEI, VIN, etc.

Got online to look into signing up online for AFS bill pay and it was asking for a customer # to setup an account.  Looked all around on the paperwork and couldn't find one.

Called AFS Monday morning and they appologized about it and said it might take a couple of weeks to get into the system and gather the paperwork from the dealership.

Ok, it's been not quite 2 weeks and ventured to call them again and see if they had the # to setup an online account.  Low and behold they had the number as it had just been setup this morning around 10:30.  12 days after purchase they're just now setting up an account.  

So, got the # and try to sign up online and it's still griping that it's not finding me in the system.

Lady on the phone says they're still importing stuff from the dealership and to give it another 24-48 hours to setup a login.

Asked her to confirm the 1st payment thing the dealership was talking about and she couldn't verify since the contract had not been scanned in yet.

*crossing my fingers there's not a hiccup*

Just thought I would share and see if anyone else has run into this slowness with AFS/VW.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Remember0
Valued Contributor

Re: AUDI / VW credit - oddities

When you go through the dealer, 1-2 weeks for the finance company to process everything is normal and to be expected. Not abnormal at all. Now after this if they don't have the 1 month's payment thing, you need to take the dealership to task (and AFS) for lying, misleading statements, etc. But I doubt they would put their reputation on the line by lying about something like that to be hoenst.

Message 2 of 7
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

I see YTD interest paid in the amount that would have been the 1st payment portion.  Troubling though is seeing a $0.00 due for 08/2014 as well.  I guess I'm being a bit paranoid about the whole thing and just need to relax.

Message 3 of 7
GooseGirl
Contributor

I believe they were telling you the truth but I would still be paranoid. As I have been rebuilding I notice that I am especially paranoid/sensitive to anything that might derail my progress.

On a different note..... what did you get? I really like my A4 but it's about time to get something new.

Starting Score: EQ 541 (lender pull July 2012)
Current Score: EQ FICO 673, TU08 648, EX FICO 654
Next Goal Score: 680
Message 4 of 7
Remember0
Valued Contributor

Now that it's set up and see it online, you can call them and confirm that AFS will be making your first month's payment as the dealer promised.

Message 5 of 7
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Got the '14 S5 

Message 6 of 7
GooseGirl
Contributor

Very nice car! It's on the list of contenders for my next vehicle but i have a feeling I may have to do the Q5 insead. I need multiple knee surgeries and the higher clearance of the Q5 will make that a LOT easier.

If it wasn't for the darn knee though..... I'm jealous Smiley Wink

Starting Score: EQ 541 (lender pull July 2012)
Current Score: EQ FICO 673, TU08 648, EX FICO 654
Next Goal Score: 680
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.