Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUTO LOAN CAPITAL ONE

tag
ezef3ar
Contributor

AUTO LOAN CAPITAL ONE

Hey guys I wanna get a brand new car between 15 to 20 thousand$. So here's it is my credit is good. But short it's what others consider a thin **bleep**
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AUTO LOAN CAPITAL ONE

Hi OP, there was a glitch last night and part of your post was bleeped out. It wasn't anything you did.

I take it you were asking about a thin file? I'd try your local small bank or CU. They tend to look beyond the score and are more favorable towards a limited CR.

Message 2 of 8
ezef3ar
Contributor

Yea it is a thin file. Only 6 months history 5 store cards 2 credit cards master cards the highest limit is 2000 lowest 400 scores 690 equifax 703 transunion and I don't know experian
Message 3 of 8
guydiver
Established Contributor

Job history?  Income?

Message 4 of 8
ezef3ar
Contributor

Job currently 2 years. And. Around 35500 a year Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 8
guydiver
Established Contributor

@ezef3ar wrote:
Job currently 2 years. And. Around 35500 a year Smiley Happy

Well, doesn't look too bad.  Unless you have something on your reports that scares them away I'd say you have a very decent chance of getting financing.  Your thin file is definitely a negative, but a good down payment can go a long way to helping there.  Cap1 blank check maybe?   If you get that, take it to the dealer and see if they can beat it. 

Message 6 of 8
eduardofabian1
Established Member

I've had a couple of Capital One loans in the past, they usually work with you, as long as you don't have too many red flags in your credit report. If your thin file still gets you a loan, but not at the rate you expect, wait like a year and refi. Maybe you will get a lower interest by then.

Message 7 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Did you apply for Cap1? or anyone yet?

What car are you looking to buy?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.