Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About my Auto loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

About my Auto loan

Hi ,

I am buying a honda next week.. I got a auto loan at 1.99% from a CU because they have a tie up with my employer. My scores are around 710. Should i apply for 0.9% Honda finance ?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
EddieK
Established Contributor

Re: About my Auto loan

Yes, I would, but I'd make it clear beforehand that they are only to run one application to HFS and no one else.

Starting Scores:
1/19/14:

1/28/14:
2/12/14:
Current Scores:
7/10/19:
12/17/16:
9/05/17:
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi ,

I am buying a honda next week.. I got a auto loan at 1.99% from a CU because they have a tie up with my employer. My scores are around 710. Should i apply for 0.9% Honda finance ?

Yes and I agree with the above poster.  Make sure they are only doing it once thus running your credit.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

With financing, there's really no reason to take the higher interest rate.  Going with Honda Finance also opens the possibility of a Military or Student discount of $500 each.

As mentioned by another poster, make sure they ONLY RUN YOUR EXPERIAN CREDIT REPORT.  Honda Finance uses Experian but sometimes they will accept other bureaus if it's stronger.  

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.