Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice Needed ASAP!

tag
Starrocks
New Visitor

Advice Needed ASAP!

Hi All. I'm new here and looking for advice. My cousin recently had her car give out on her and she is about to junk it. She is in desperate need of a car. Her income is only around $500 per month. Her mom is elderly and doesn't have a license. She was offered to apply for a Capital One Blank Check and she was approved for it. Once they discovered that she wouldn't be the primary driver, they denied it and told her that she needs to reapply with my cousin (her daughter) on the application, too.

So, the mom doesnt have a DL, has a decent income of $3500 per month, but her credit score is in the low to mid 600s. The daughter has low credit in theb600s as well with very limited income but she has the Driver's license. They are thinking about applying for RoadLoans. Does this sound like a good idea? Are there any places that they have a good chance of qualifying for a small personal loan of $5000 - $6000 considering  the above situation? Any recommendations? A vehicle is needed right away because my cousin has young kids who are in grade school and she needs to be able to take her mom to and from her medical appointments.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Remember0
Valued Contributor

Re: Advice Needed ASAP!

Why can't they apply jointly? A lot of banks won't raise the APR if your cousin is secondary and Mom with better credit is primary.

A 5k-6k personal loan is possible though I'd expect the APR to be high with a low- to mid- 600s. I'd see if you can't apply jointly to be honest with a local bank/CU/cap one. I doubt a local CU/bank would have as much concern re: primary driver.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.