Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice for Auto Loan

tag
Jayla127
New Contributor

Advice for Auto Loan

Hello Everyone,

I had a bankruptcy that discharged last July, which included a reaffirmed car.  I have since acquired 3 cc's which I pay on time.  The car that I have now my husband and I have to share, which was no problem up until my job location changed.  Before, my husband and I worked 2 blocks of each other.  The car loan is in my name which I have $7,000 which my husband pays the note and insurance.  I know need a vehicle and I did apply for credit through my credit union which I was denied. My credit scores have not hit the 600 mark as of yet.   Is it really difficult to try and get approved for a car loan after my bankruptcy.

Thanks for the advice.

Starting Score: EQ 430, TU 467, EX 465
Current Score: EQ 617, TU 618, EX 611
Goal Score: EQ 700, TU 700, EX 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
sobreezy
Contributor

Re: Advice for Auto Loan

There are companies that finance to people with credit scores that aren't favorable but it will cost you ie high APR, possible down payment, and monthly payments.  However once you have that vehicle and have paid on it for 6-12 months (maybe less, not sure) you can refinance it for better terms.  Hope you get what you're looking for Robot wink

MyFako scores EX 594, EQ 553, TU 589 as of 10 Jun 11
myFICO EQ 614 TU 599 EX 644
Goal 700 by March 30 2015
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.