cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on Refinancing for the 1st time...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advice on Refinancing for the 1st time...

I got my car back in October 2013 through Navy Federal. I got $9K at 16.39% at a length of 49 months. I have never made a late payment. Always on time.

Currently

• My credit utilization is around 23% but once all of my new/account increases update this week it will be well below 10%.
    • Fico 08 Scores: EQ - 631, EX - 608, TU - 635
    • Around 10 accounts opened within this past year
    • 1 charge off and 2 collections (Charge off has been removed from EX and TU as of Monday. Waiting for Midland dispute to be finalized and all I will have is 1 charge off that I am currently making payments on. Will ask for PFD when I can make the final payment in full.
    • I have a total of 2 late payments on my navy federal credit card. Late are over 9 months old They will not budge with any of my goodwill letters; however they did recently increase my cash rewards (opened in Oct 2013) from $2,500 to $10,000 last week. That new limit should be reported today. 

I want to refinance my car for a lower interest rate because I feel like all my money is going to interest. My current payoff amount is $5266.26. Any suggestions? I bank with USAA and somehow I got in with my boyfriend's information and they did not ask for documentation. I currently have car insurance with them which was effective back in April. I pay about $129 a month thanks to all of his citations. My payment would of been below $100 for full coverage but because we are both in the same household and he cannot drive a stick might I add, he cannot be removed Smiley Sad

Anyways..Does anyone have any suggestions. I guess I should add that I have a 2008 Kia Rio5 LX. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Advice on Refinancing for the 1st time...

My gut feeling is that if they just increased your unsecured credit card to $10k they would give you an auto loan pretty easy.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think Navy refinances currents loans that are with them. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Message 3 of 6
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Most companies do not refinance auto loans currently thru them. A lot of them won't finance anything unless it's $7500 or more.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did they know he doesn't drive a stick? Was that actually asked? 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

No it was not asked but I told them he doesn't bc I was trying to get him removed.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.