Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on auto refinance please :)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advice on auto refinance please :)

Hi everyone! Long time lurker and first time poster and I'm looking for some input. It's about time for me to refinance my horrible 14.5% apr on my car loan to something more reasonable. So far my local credit union has approved me for 5.5%, which is definitely a great start! But after a lot of lurking, I see a lot of people highly recommend DCU and I want to know if you guys think I would qualify for a great rate there. 

My current EQ credit raiting is 730 on credit karma ( I know, boo! hiss! )and I figure it's probably a good 50 points ot so lower since that's not my real fico. I would love to actually find the exact number, but sadly money is super strict right now. I currently have 1600 dollars on two credit cards I'm making payments on. I have unfortunately 18 inquiries from my car hunt, and my car is worth 9,000 while I owe 12,500 because I wasn't a smart man at the time. I hope this is enough info to go off of, and I would love and opinons on whether or not you'd think I'll be accepted. Thanks guys! 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

Re: Advice on auto refinance please :)

I think there is a good chance of getting a better rate at DCU. You should apply!

While credit karma doesn't offer you a FICO, it doesn't mean that its less than your FICO. Could be higher.

Your LTV is 139%, which is high so keep this in mind when applying.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I know :/. I was in a bad spot and unfortunately had to deal with cards I was given. I think I'll apply tonight, and I appreciate any more opinions. I want to make sure the hard inquiry is worth it.
Message 3 of 5
Kathy4NU
Frequent Contributor

I second DCU.  Was very happy with them.

June '12: EQ 553 TU 0 EX 545
April '13 Lender Pull EQ 731, EX 692, TU 722 - all FICO

Closed on home May 22, 2013 at 2:00pm!!!
CU Visa $1000, VS $350, Chase Freedom $1000, Discover IT $2500, Home Depot: $2700, Menards $3000, NFM $3500
What's been deleted: 32 collections, 5 PR, 2 tax liens, defaulted student loans
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, and I've heard becoming a member first is a good idea. Do you guys think it's necessary or helps?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.