Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on getting a car loan

tag
Bella1980
Established Contributor

Advice on getting a car loan

Hi,

I would like some advice on getting an auto loan please. My situation is a little unique so I need some advice from pro's.

The car I currently drive keeps breaking down and so I think it is time to get a new me.

My credit scores are all low 700's. I have $5000 to put down, can go up to $10,000 if need be. Ideally I would like to get a 2013 Honda CRV @ about $25k.

Here is the problem, I recently became self-employed a few months ago and am not sure if I will qualify for a loan now. I have monthly income between 8-12k.

Will I be able to get a car loan? Or should I just wait a few months and pay cash?

I also want to pay the loan off in 1-2 years anyways. Would this be an issue?

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
700orbust
Frequent Contributor

Re: Advice on getting a car loan

scores look good enough and with that size down payment, chances are you wouldn't have to do income verification, etc.

not advising you to do this per say, but in my case, even though i was an officer of the ocmpany, i always listed the company as my employer. Besides, if your tax professional guided you well, you should probably be taking some kind of paycheck, in addition to your distributions. so you really are an employee of your business. 

If they are wary of your new job they may want some kind of income verification. 

Your request is quite modest in regards to the income. So as long as there isn't a bunch of other debt not known, I think you can do it. Auto credit seems to be the easiest kind you can get.

------------------------------------------------

What's in my wallet?

Apple, Amex Biz Plat/BBC/BCP/Schwab/Plat/Gold, NFCU Flagship/Plat, Spark Biz, PenFed, CSR, and more
Message 2 of 6
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I am self employed and financed through Subaru. They just asked for bank statements and I pulled them up on their computer. Wasn't an issue.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it will not be a issue to get the loan if you can co-sign if your father or any other .And also you have to 10K saved for a car purchase, that means you can spend up to 10K, though I'd advise you to spend less

Message 4 of 6
blackie1
Valued Member

Hunhh??

2fst4u
Message 5 of 6
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@blackie1 wrote:

Hunhh??

lol +1

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.