Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on refinancing?

tag
eagles08
Regular Contributor

Advice on refinancing?

Well I have a loan at a local credit union that I've been paying on for about six months at 7.85%. This was my first auto loan and I'm surprised I even got it at the credit scores I had. Now my score has greatly improved as I've reduced my total credit utilization from over 90% to the mid 30s. I want to refinance through another local credit union that works closely with my employer and I'm sure I can get at least 3.9%, maybe lower. However, I just got a new credit card, the AMEX Blue Sky and I really want to go for the 3X CLI in June and get a CLI on my BB&T card as well. Will refinancing the car now hinder me from getting the 3X CLI? Should I go ahead and refinance now or wait until after the CLI?
AMEX BCE- $12,600 I Discover IT- $10,000 I Chase Freedom- $7,000 I Citi Double Cash- $3,300 I Best Buy- $2,800 I Bayport CU Visa- $1,000
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
203bravo
Established Contributor

Re: Advice on refinancing?

I personally would go with the guaranteed money savings -- if you can refi your car and get a sure monthly savings it would be better than wait and hope that you may get the CLIs that you want.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.