Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice to give a little nudge to my score before I look for an Auto loan

tag
rajbansjoshi
Established Member

Advice to give a little nudge to my score before I look for an Auto loan

Friends,

I am looking to increae my FICO score slightly before I start looking for an Auto loan for 30K dollars. I checked my EQ score today and it showed 695. Barclays score shows 718. Capone Score shows 712. Discover shows 726.My experian score from experian.com shows 707

Here are my details.

CapOne - 5000 Limit. 0 used

CapOne - 1500 Limit, 300  used ( my first card)

BOFA - 7000 Limit, 2200 used

Discover - 6500 Limit, 0 used

Chase - 5000 limit, 0 used

Barclays - 1250 limit, 0 used

AMEX Charge card - 500 due

In all, my total CLI is 26250 dollars and my total amount due is 5000. My utilization comes to around 19%. In the next one or two months, I plan to take this down to below 10%.

I had two 30 day late payments on my first CapOne card and that was in June 2010 and so it was four and half years back. Since then made all the payments on time. My salary is 95K basic.

Can you guys advise as to what else can I do to atleast get my score past the 700 mark and if its good enough to get me a 30k loan. I plan to downpay 6k-7K dollars. What laons should I be looking at and also what interest rate do I stand to get?

Raj
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

Re: Advice to give a little nudge to my score before I look for an Auto loan

The 30 Day Lates might be an issue with some CU's. You can try DCU since your EQ score will get you the lowest interest rate they offer - 1.49%

In your shoes I would apply to DCU have that in my back pocket.

Go to Truecar, find your car, price it out and then go to the dealer to see if they can beat DCU. 

If not, accept DCU's terms and drive home...

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.