Valued Member
osudelt00

Alliant Credit Union Auto Loan question

[ Edited ]

tv4184 wrote:

1.  what your EQ FICO score at time of app:   742

2.  what was your AAoA and age of oldest account:   AAoA - 4 years 4 months  Oldest - 7 years 9 months

3.  what was your highest CL at time of app:   $14950

4.  any EQ derogs at time of app:   none

5.  what instant offers you received online:   missed identity check so I had to fax in information

6.  what instant Credit Limit & APR did you get:  N/A

7.  what credit did you receive through LO if no preapprovals:   approved for $25,000 auto loan - did not ask APR - was looking for more but they said new account so max is $25,000

8.  what verification or docs were required:  faxed in utility bill and birth certificate; emailed drivers license picture - too dark on fax

9.  Prior to this I had tried to apply to Penfed and got flat out rejected for the loan but I was requesting 10k more than I did this time.  Also at the time I was 50% on my CC utilization and had about 2.5k less in gross monthly earnings.  In any case I started picking up alot of weekend shifts so I brought my income up and I am sitting at 28% on my CC utilizations (which is still alot because most of it is on one card so its 66%).  I also been paying off my student loans so I brought that down by 20k.  Went from a score of 714 in September to 742 per myfico.  The loan officer told me my score that they pulled was a 749.  The forum did help me find Alliant though.  I may not be able to buy my car now but this will definately be useful in the future.

Sorry to drudge up a old thread but does anyone know if Alliant still limits new customers to 25k loans? I am going to join/app with them soon and was curious.

Thanks. 

Starting Score: 550
Current Score EQ: 688 Sep/7/13
Current Score TU: 686 Sep/7/13
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+