Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ally Auto

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ally Auto

Just emailed some executives from ally about a goodwill adjustment on a late payment. I paid every month, missed a month, and made every payment since. I checked my credit report months later and realized they marked me 30 days late every month until I made a double payment. (14-30 day lates). I will update if/when I get a reply. Has anyone had any success with ally and goodwill adjustments recently?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ally Auto

Received a call the next after emailing some executives and ally. A nice lady told me that she was gonna do a thorough investigation on my payment history and call me back in the next couple of days. She did tell me that ally doesn't change accurately reported information or offer goodwill adjustments unless there was truly an error. She told

me not to get my hopes up.  Again I will update when I hear back from them.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ally Auto

You'd be surprised if you have a good payment history over all. Let them investigate and if they are not helpful try escalating. I wrote a thoughtful note to the CEO of a company that was reporting a loan correctly, but it was damaging my score. I didn't demand I just asked for help since we had ended the loan in a positive way for everyone (car completely died 90% of the way into the loan so we split the difference on what was left to be paid). 

He got back to me immediately, had one of his higher end people handle it, and it all worked out very nicely ( I know recommend this company to people who have to go with higher interest loans, because at least their customer service is top notch). 

Anyway, don't be afraid to keep asking, but treat it like they are doing you a favor (since they technically are). 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.