cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Almost ready to pull the trigger and have questions...

tag
AZHeather
Frequent Contributor

Re: Almost ready to pull the trigger and have questions...

When I bought my car in 2008, I was married and made 1/2 of the household income.  Chase financed me, but it was the dealership that structured my application so that I only had to list 1/2 of what my house payment was since I was taking the loan out in my name only.  If your score is that much better than your husband's, then I would talk to your bank or the dealer and let them know that you would really prefer to have the loan in just your name.  Otherwise, they may take the average of you and your husband's score, which would obviously be less than yours.

I would agree that you should try the loan both ways and see which way it works better for you.

Good luck!

Message 11 of 13
Veloter
Established Member

@AZHeather wrote:

When I bought my car in 2008, I was married and made 1/2 of the household income.  Chase financed me, but it was the dealership that structured my application so that I only had to list 1/2 of what my house payment was since I was taking the loan out in my name only.  If your score is that much better than your husband's, then I would talk to your bank or the dealer and let them know that you would really prefer to have the loan in just your name.  Otherwise, they may take the average of you and your husband's score, which would obviously be less than yours.

I would agree that you should try the loan both ways and see which way it works better for you.

Good luck!

Well this is an interesting take....I think it would work if it was only half the house payment.  I wasn't even aware that this was an option.   Thanks for the idea.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarcinXP wrote:
And finally I love my 2005 explorer...looks brand new..never had an issue with it. It is 7 years old and inside and out looks great. 66K miles on it right now. 

Smiley Tongue Me, too. Ford Explorer fanatic here. I just upgraded my 99 Eddie Bauer for my new-to-me 05. Loooooooovvvvvveeeee it. It's immaculate, but has 81k on it. It'll last me forever, tho. Good thing as they don't make'em anymore. (The new Explorers are crossovers now. Smiley Sad

Good luck, OP!

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.