Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Honda Finance question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Honda Finance question

So I went to the American Honda Finance website applied for pre approved financing and was pre approved for a lease up to 25k with 7k down for my trade in. Now it says bring the approval certificate and application into the Honda dealership. I have had 2 loans through AHF in the past the first with my mother co signing a lease and the second was me buying out the lease on my own. I paid off both. Since then I filed bankruptcy due to massive medical bills this year to avoid garnishment. My credit is really not that great. I noticed the application I am to bring in is partially filled out and it asks if I ever filed bankruptcy. When I check yes will they suddenly change their mind or am I approved due to preapproval since AHF is the bank who handles their own leases? I'm confused and really don't know what to do and don't want to be embarrassed. Just wondering if Honda finance preaproval is 100% guarenteed. Thanks for the advice in advance!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: American Honda Finance question

Honestly it was a waste of an inquiry because the dealer will turn around and run it again and the it will be ran again when submitted to AHF for approval with all of the true numbers.  

Message 2 of 3
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: American Honda Finance question

sccredit is right - it is a waste of an inquiry...

When I got my first Honda many moons ago - I got pre-approved online and brought my certificate in - expecting the dealer to use the reference code on it to fund my loan.  That didn't happen and ended up getting another HP at the dealer - still, with AHFC...  It worked out better, because I needed more than I was pre-approved for, and the dealer made it happen, still with Honda.

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.