Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Honda Finance

tag
AtlantaWill30339
New Contributor

American Honda Finance

After eyeing a particular Honda for well over a year, I'll finally be biting the bullet to purchase in a few weeks. Back in Feb or March when I thought I was semi ready to purchase, I applied with American Honda Finance and was denied for "Not enough positive accounts" (despite not having any delinquencies but one medical bill that went straight to collections since my ch 7 bk that was discharged 2/2010) and "Too many recent inquiries" (I think I had about 6 then.)--they pulled TU and I was around 625 then. Has anyone recently applied with them or in a similar situation? My fall back plan is financing thru my CU, but doubt the rates would be better than thru Honda

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
AtlantaWill30339
New Contributor

Re: American Honda Finance

Bump. Anyone?

Message 2 of 8
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Do not apply directly on their site.  Go to the dealer.  Have your CU as a back up.

Message 3 of 8
AtlantaWill30339
New Contributor

Thanks

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a little late since you posted 3 months ago but I was just approved with a very evil Equifax score of 666 for a 16K loan at 4.49% with 2k down payment.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

have you checked honda financial pre qual on their page ?

Message 6 of 8
EddieK
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

have you checked honda financial pre qual on their page ?

Unless you want a HP on your credit, do not do their pre-qual online.  Sure, it might pre-approve you, but when you get to the dealership, they'll run your credit again.

Starting Scores:
1/19/14:

1/28/14:
2/12/14:
Current Scores:
7/10/19:
12/17/16:
9/05/17:
Message 7 of 8
credit-hunter
Frequent Contributor

Makes sense

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.