anewme35
Valued Member

Another --- What are my chances? :)

Credit Score: ExP - 672 , Equifax: 676, TU: Don't Know as reported by MyFICO

Credit History: 17 years

AAoA: 8 Years

Income: $100k/Annual

Length of Employment: 16 years

Previous Loan Experience: I do have a car loan paid in full satisfactorily 4/2008

Debt-to-Income (DTI): 5%

Year of Car: 2014

Miles: 0

Purchase/Refinance: Purchase $55,000

Requested loan term (XX Months): 60 or 72 months

Down payment amount: $8,000

Co-borrower/Co-Signer: None

Here's the skinny.  My count of baddies = 6.  

4 are medical collections from 2010.  Stupid, no excuse, paid in full buy only after they went to collections.  2 of the 4 are less than $100.  I know really stupid.   Live and learn.  the 3rd one is $142.  All these are the same creditor Alpine Credit.  I've written Good Will letters and no delete from them.  The 4th one is for $242 and only showing on Experian, no on Equifax.  I'll need to look into this one.  The timeframe is the same 2010 but I do not recall having this baddie.  Need to research.

The remaining 2 baddies come from the Short Sale on my previous home.  The short sale was settled in May of 2011.  It is reporting as expected.  Paid for less than owed.  I also have a 2nd HELOC against the home and that too defaulted.   Oddly enough I am still paying on that monthly. 

Outside of those mistakes, mishaps, I have really solid credit with over 29 accounts only carrying a balance on 4 of them but currently paying those down as well. 

My car that I own, is paid off and has been since 2008.  I want to go in and put down some $$ finance an Audi and I want a low interest rate. 

Any ideas on whether I can expect to be approved?  And if so at what interest rate? I have the ability to join NFCU to try to acquire a loan.  I am currently a member of bellco CU. 

I could pull in my husband as a co-signer but we'd rather not as he currently carrying our home mortgage independently and I don't want to pile more debt on his debt:income ratio.

What are your thoughts?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Another --- What are my chances? :)

I think you'd be OK

Message 2 of 4
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

If you have an in with NFCU I would definitely join them and apply for the auto loan through them first. I think you have an excellent chance for approval with them. Maybe even with no down payment. Then see if the dealer can beat the rate you are offered.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 4
anewme35
Valued Member

Thanks all, I'll give it a shot and post back on results.  I'm still a couple of weeks out.  I'just paid towards one of my CC's putting that card under 30% debt to credit limit and I want to see how/if that will get my score any highter.  Im not too optimistic, but I don't want to start serious inquires without being in the best possible shape I can be credit wise. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.