cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Benefit to using VW Finance vs my credit union for Auto Loan?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any Benefit to using VW Finance vs my credit union for Auto Loan?

Congrats to you and your son! 

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lincar66 You obviously have something against dealership finance managers...everyone is in business to make money!  Being in the insurance business you sure have a lot to say about people not having their best interests at heart! LOL  Just to make a point here I have nothing against credit unions and I'm glad y'all go a great rate with your credit union and are happy with your decision to go with them!  Most finance managers are very good at what they do and understand that people finance through their credit unions and still treat them with the utmost respect! 

P.S.  You can't "Jack" up the rate on an incentivized rate such as 0%...so before you go shooting off about how crooked dealerships are please get your information straight! 

Message 12 of 15
NoAnchoviesPlease
Established Contributor

@Pigeyex wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hope you went with the credit union!

I did.  I have a 10-year relationship with the guy there who's helped me out more than once, and he was simply awesome once again, meeting me and my son at the dealership last nite to re-do the paperwork just FIVE DAYS AFTER CANCER SURGERY.

Someone was correct above in that he could not offer my son the lower rate unless and until VW Finance offered it, and then he matched it.  Also was willing to put my son primary (this was a TITLE issue, not any fees related to the credit union.  Was going to cost about $150 to remove my name as the primary title holder on the car when my son goes to refinance it into just his name, whereas now they can simply drop me as the secondary was the way it was explained to me.)

Thanks for the feedback.  I do see where there is some benefit to my son diversifying his financial relationships, but in the end we went with loyalty for all this guy has done for our family in the past and even this time.

Pigeye

Hi Pigeye...

I went with my auto manufacturer's financing over DCU, but they beat DCU by 4 points (DCU pulled my worst of three bureaus, go figure). If the numbers had been identical I would've gone with the CU to build that relationship. My previous loan was with GM finance because the Saturn rep squeezed me into a promo (same dealer who'd not so long ago offered me a "great" 24.99% rate, but got me in around 7.99 on my last car by pulling a different report that got me 3 more FICO points Smiley Happy ). 

Your son can always get a card or a personal loan or whatever makes sense, with another lender down the road. Hopefully he has a long credit life ahead of him and can learn from mistakes others have made (that's why we're all on these communities, right?). 

Best of luck to you and your son... 

12/29/2015 669/696/706
01/10/2016 698/711/730 but still to and fro a bit

Climbing to 700 and beyond. It's too cold for gardening.
Message 13 of 15
lincar66
Frequent Contributor

Let me guess you work at a dealership.

First off I do have a lot against finance managers because I have met way to many people victimized by them when buying a car and I didn't realize they were buying a used card so the 0% is out of the question.

And yes I do have people's best interests at heart were I work i review policy holders and am an underwriter I don't make personal decisions I make decision based on insurance risks no other and please why are you the only one defending dealerships oh ya you work at one.

Ps they can jack up any rate I don't know what your boss is telling you I have witnessed a 0% offer be offered as 0.9% and had to be fought down to 0% so go back to Nissan and keep living that dream

Eq-670(dcu)ex-664 tu-693
NFCU Cash Rewards---8500k Joint Cash Rewards 2k NavCheck----15000 cap one 2500 cap one 2k synchrony furniture card 1500 walmart store card 6k walmart mastercard 6000 Firestone 1400 amazon 6k Lowes 12k serta 4k care credit 4800 rotman furniture card 1500 stash visa 2k bp visa 1500 PayPal MasterCard ????
Message 14 of 15
fury1995
Valued Contributor

@lincar66 wrote:
Let me guess you work at a dealership.

First off I do have a lot against finance managers because I have met way to many people victimized by them when buying a car and I didn't realize they were buying a used card so the 0% is out of the question.

And yes I do have people's best interests at heart were I work i review policy holders and am an underwriter I don't make personal decisions I make decision based on insurance risks no other and please why are you the only one defending dealerships oh ya you work at one.

Ps they can jack up any rate I don't know what your boss is telling you I have witnessed a 0% offer be offered as 0.9% and had to be fought down to 0% so go back to Nissan and keep living that dream

There are some many things wrong with this post.....

Congrats OP on finding someone.. check that.. two people that really did have your best interest at heart and didn't make decisions or actions based on risk. Now you and your son have two great business relationships.

August 28, 2023 FICO 8

August 28, 2023 FICO BankCard 8

August 28, 2023 FICO Auto 8

citi-costco-ImgurCiti-Double-Cash
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.