Valued Member
jchu2013

Re: Any car loan approval without income verification or proof of income?

Thanks for all the info.

If I go directly to the lenders without go thru dealer, which lender will probably NOT asking for proof of income? Can I have the name of the bank or CU or any online lenders, Thanks!

My current situation :
Credit Score : NONE.
BOA secured card (4000), US bank secured card (4000)
4 Inquiries in Dec 2012
0 BAD

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
StartingOver10

None. Lenders operate under different criteria than dealerships do. You can't expect to get the better interest rates and the better loan without showing ability to repay (income).

Regular Contributor
aplast

When I purchased my first car the finance company wanted paycheck stubs. When I refinanced through a CU they asked me how much I make annually and that was it. Its prob a lender to lender thing. Everyone has different procedures.

American Express Green - NPSL, Sams Club Discover - 4000, Paypal Smart Connect - 4000, Capital One - 3500, Barclaycard Visa - 2500, Walmart - 1500, Discover IT - 1000, Ashley Furniture Home Store - 1000, Care Credit - 1000.
cim

Not true. Just a few months ago I got 0% with 0 down through a captive lender and no income verification. Furthermore, LTV was > 100% since tax, title, and DMV fees were rolled in. 

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
StartingOver10

cim wrote:

Not true. Just a few months ago I got 0% with 0 down through a captive lender and no income verification. Furthermore, LTV was > 100% since tax, title, and DMV fees were rolled in. 

Captive lender is the key here. You didn't go to a CU or a bank. That was my point. 

The OP was asking about lenders and not dealership financing. Captive lenders mean you go through the dealership like TFS (Toyota Financial Services) or any of the others.

WalkThisWay

I was recently financed over the phone with Navy Federal Credit Union. They asked me my income, but I didnt have to provide proof.  My score was 703. 

4thmouse

[ Edited ]

I have financed probably 12 cars in my time, And the only time I have ever been asked for income was the first and last time I allowed a dealership to do the financing. I don't think the lender wanted the income, I think it was the dealership covering there bases before I filed.

I was however, once asked for proof of income while paying for a car in full with $16K cash.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}