Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any one Refinace Digital Credit Union?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any one Refinace Digital Credit Union?

does any one Refinaced from DCU (digital Credit Union)?
Any charges? What credit score they consider? Is it good?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Psylence
Established Member

Re: Any one Refinace Digital Credit Union?

Bump!..

I am actually interested in them as well. They are in my area (Massachusetts) and I am possibily looking to refinance or have a new car loan through them.

Dec 2011 Scores:
TransUnion FICO Score: 603
Experian FICO Score: 594

March '11:
TransUnion FICO Score: 617
Experian FICO Score: 605

GOAL: 700 Club by June 2011 or earlier
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Before the meltdown, DCU was a well known name in Financing difficult scores, high LTV, or difficult deals, even at longer then 72 month terms.

I have no idea if their lending criteria and standards has changed. 

Message 3 of 6
CS800
Super Contributor

I have had most of my car loans with DCU over the past 7 years. They used to be very customer focused up till a few years ago. In Massachusetts, they use strictly EX for credit inq on car loans and their VISA.

I went to see them when my EX was 550 last November and they were giving me a 16% interest for a car. Since I have banked with them, I told them about my difficulties and what im doing to get on track. I spoke to the Branch but she could care less. As a credit union, they have become less and less flexible. I got 13.5% from GM Financial and DCU would not match it. Needless to say, I will not bank with them going forward.

If you have a 660 + on your EX, you should be fine with them. But they really do not cater to the 630 below; at least from what i saw in my experience. They do not use Auto Enhanced FICO.

Message 4 of 6
Psylence
Established Member

Thank you guys so much for your responses! Good information!

Dec 2011 Scores:
TransUnion FICO Score: 603
Experian FICO Score: 594

March '11:
TransUnion FICO Score: 617
Experian FICO Score: 605

GOAL: 700 Club by June 2011 or earlier
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dont!!!!!  i have had them for over 20 yrs and they have gone down hill fast.  Customer Service and retention is not part of their game plan.  I have my 2nd mort with them and they will not allow us to refi our first even though it would save us almost $1000 month..  they have lied and will not help you.  i hat eto say it but banks are better than this credit union.   I am moving everything away from them to ING and local banks

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.