Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any recent Alliant refinance approvals?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any recent Alliant refinance approvals?

I'm interested in refinancing my 08 Nissan Rogue (currently at 11%) with an Alliant used auto loan.  Anyone been approved for this recently and have any tips/ suggestions for getting the best rate?

I'm waiting until I can get my util a bit lower (currently around 40%) and until some of my inqs drop.

Thanks for the help!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Re: Any recent Alliant refinance approvals?

They like to see a LTV of less than 75%, other than that they are pretty flexible if you are a current customer in good standing. Having money on deposit with them helps. 40% util is pretty high, could drag your score down when you pull. I'd try to get that below 30% at a minimum, and if you INQs dropping soon, wait.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, that is very helpful info.  I have been a current customer with them since October, but haven't done much with the account.  Planning on switching everything from Chase to them, so that should help.

I'll be paying between 15-20% off within the next three months, so I'll report back once I apply.  Thanks again!

Message 3 of 6
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

I was approved for a re-fi in January. My vehicle is a 07 Saab 9-7x (SUV). I owed around 16k at 8.54% (through Chase). I have an Alliant Visa (since 1/09 -  8% util), and a also a savings acct with them (small, maybe 4k). They said my credit score was 710, was approved fore re-fi at 4% interest, payment dropped 100/mo, so I was pleased.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

was approved in September 2010 for a refi at 6.7% was at 12%. also just been approved for another car loan for a 2008 malibu at 4.7%

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info everyone.

Just finalized my refi with Alliant at 6.25% (sure beats my 11% at wells!!!!!!!)  AND also got approved for a Visa with a $2000 limit.  LOVE Alliant, their customer service is top notch!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.