Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any shot with Ford Motor Credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any shot with Ford Motor Credit?

I currently have to get out of my vehicle- I have a Jeep Wrangler and my wife just gave birth to our second child.

My credit is very poor right now, but I hope to begin to repair it this year. My vehicle problem is more immediate.

My Equifax Fico score is 548 

I have a little over 3k for a down payment, I am hoping to pick up a vehicle for 15k or less and finance the remaining 12k.

Do I have a prayer??

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
moondog7324
Frequent Contributor

Re: Any shot with Ford Motor Credit?

Slim to none- and slim has got his hand on the exit door. Us the 3G's and buy a used car. Good luck-
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought Ford Motor was really leniant..my wife and i gross 8100 per month
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I always felt Ford was lenient to,Ive financed with them and my credit was not good at the time
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

In this market, noone is lenient.  IF you got financed, it would end up being through alternate financing at 15+ plus interest rate.

The fact that you are in this situation actaully proves the credit situation is more immediate.  Perosnally, I would deal with the wrangler for awhile.  I have 2 kids and I understand they are horrible fmaily cars (when I had my second kid, my car was a mustang...not much better)

I would do some serious looking through this website and your credit file.  You would be amazed what some elbowgrease and paper and ink can get accomplished in a month or two.  See if there are any accounts that are disputable, if there are any collections offer to pay as long as they delete (search PFD), and send goodwill letters (GW's) to any and all accounts with any negative info on them.

Last, if you have cc debt, get all CC's paid down to under 9% of their balance and keep them that way.  You will get your credit up.

Then once you do that, you should be able to get a car from your local CU, or the dealer.

The problem with rushing out right now, is that even if you find a dealer that is willing to finance you, they will know they have you over a barrel.  You can't negotiate because few if anyone will finance you right now.  They will rip you off on the price, and then rip you off on the financing.  At the end, you will end up so overextended on the car that working on your credit to get stuff paid down off may not even be possible. 

I have had similiar situations several times in my life and always made the short term decision and it wasn't until the last year that I realized that those decision were the cause of all those situations because I was always making bad long term decision for the short term gain and when the next "emergency" came up, I was not prepared becuase I was still paying for the last "emergency"

Message 5 of 6
cabarkeep
New Contributor

I would say assuming that you are not trading in the jeep and hopefully you do not have that much recent derog your best bet would be to try and finance a believe it or not a new car .... try a focus ..This car is one of the most lenient that ford has financing with and of course they want to see new car registrations....Fusion would probably work too depending on how much it was ......ford has some great rebates and also incredible rates for their tier 4 buyers (goes from 1best to 5 which are not usually bought) ...

Right now in CA a 2008 Focus has a 3.9% rate for 60 months in lieu of the $3000 rebate but with your down payment that rate would be better than even 800 scores could get through a bank!  Take it and run!  Look for an 08 if you can!

The 2009 Focus has $500 plus 9.9 rate for 60 months.... still much better than 20+% and taking 2k in rebates. 

I am not sure what state you live in but  hopefully with your income and stability (hopfully you have been on the job for awhile) it will make for a good argument with ford and they will reach at least a tier 4 approval for you ....

Im telling you its worth a shot depending on whats on your credit its hard to tell without seeing your credit ...Mikie is right though ..most banks have tightened wayyyyy up .....I don't think they read about the BILLIONS of dollars that were given to them to help STIMULATE lol the economy

good luck ....

Message Edited by cabarkeep on 02-22-2009 12:09 AM
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.