cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to get a soft pull pre-approval for an auto loan ???

tag
mmmlive1999
Frequent Contributor

Any way to get a soft pull pre-approval for an auto loan ???

Hi All,

I am in a good situation with my credit right now after a loooooong rebuild and was thinking about getting a new car. However, I would like to find out what my interest rate would look like before getting a hard pull on my credit. I do not need a new car but if I could get one with a 0 to 2% APR that might get me to pull the trigger.

Is there any place online where I could get a soft pull auto loan pre-approval?

Thanks!

Starting Score: 6/6/12: TU 585/EQ 472/ EX 561
Current Score: All 800's
Cap1 QS - $17k, Chase Southwest- $25k, Discover IT - $50k
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
settleordelete
Regular Contributor

Re: Any way to get a soft pull pre-approval for an auto loan ???

How about printing out your scores and reports from here and taking them directly to the finance manager at the dealership. They should be able to give you an ESTIMATED a.p.r and payment.
I've been where you are trying to go and I don't wanna go back.
Message 2 of 4
coterotie
Established Contributor

This is the correct answer.  Don't be buffaloed into letting them pull a report.  Ask them who they will pull, will they use the highest score, will they guarantee only one pull on your highest report, not a blast across all three.  Then get them to give you the tier they will fit you into.  Tell them once you have this in place you will negotiate the price of the car and then if you come to an agreement you will give them an opportunity to compete with your CU. 

ALso if you are interested in multiple cars, if they don't cooperate say you will go to their most hated competitor. 

@settleordelete wrote:
How about printing out your scores and reports from here and taking them directly to the finance manager at the dealership. They should be able to give you an ESTIMATED a.p.r and payment.

Message 3 of 4
mmmlive1999
Frequent Contributor

@settleordelete wrote:
Thanks, I did think of that but I wanted to get a feel for what auto enhanced scores would be.

Starting Score: 6/6/12: TU 585/EQ 472/ EX 561
Current Score: All 800's
Cap1 QS - $17k, Chase Southwest- $25k, Discover IT - $50k
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.