cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone dealing with Wells Fargo Auto Finance?

tag
lukeskywalker7
Established Member

Anyone dealing with Wells Fargo Auto Finance?

Hi, I am new here and have a question.

Back in 2006 Wells Fargo Auto Finance changed my account number and never got rid of the old account number and I have been trying since 2006 to get them to correct the nightmare they made on all three of my credit reports.  I have called laywers, FTC, my AG office and still I cant get either the credit agencies or WFAF to accept or correct this nightmare.

Any advise or simmular stories would be very helpful right now.

Thanks
"It only takes a second to do something that you may regret for the rest of your life"

All the Best,
Luke
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
nmorton79
Regular Contributor

Re: Anyone dealing with Wells Fargo Auto Finance?

They are really bad for service...Dh currently has a car loan with them...he didn't have trouble with the account number(but they cant access the payment history before 10/2006), but they tried to say that he didnt have insurance, and propmtly added  their policy onto the loan, which added more than $200 to the monthly payment.  that was in 09/2006....we sent the insurance info to the department/address that WFAF gave us 2 times before being told that we sent the ins info to the wrong place.  To make a long story short, DH only paid the car note as it should have been paid because he could not afford the extra $200+, and that resulted in 3 30 day lates and cost DH more than 60 points on each of his FICO scores.  Took them 3 months to correct their mistakes, and they will not updates the credit bureaus.  We sent them a letter, explaing that the whole mess was their mistake, and asked them to update the credit bureaus as an act of Goodwill, but they will not budge.  The rep stated that once they report to the creidt bureaus, its done and there is nothing more that they can do(I know...a bunch of BS)Payment history has been perfect since 01/2007(and was perfect before this whole fiasco), but they just refuse to work with us. At this point, I would not reccommend WF to any one for anything.  In fact, I would tell them to run the other way!!!! 
Live~Laugh~Love

Starting Score: EQ 401, TU430
Current Score: EQ 501, TU 500
Goal Score: 700+ across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Live~Laugh~Love
Message 2 of 15
lukeskywalker7
Established Member

thanks nmorton79,

DH problem seems to have started at the time that swithced over numbers.  Mine was switched around the end of 2006 so something happend then to everyones account and I am sure it is in their favor.  I have been trying for almost 3  years to get them to correct this.  I sent a letter to my states AG office and something was done, I just have to find out.  I think they just removed the entire history and I am still trying to figure out if that is good or bad on my experian report.  Any suggestions or comments nmorton79?

thanks,
Luke
"It only takes a second to do something that you may regret for the rest of your life"

All the Best,
Luke
Message 3 of 15
nmorton79
Regular Contributor

At this point, I really don't know what to de besides send another round of letters(which I'm going to do this week) because they are just so unwilling to help anyone.  DH got his in loan in November 2005.  His payment hx was perfect until the screw up happened in 09/2006, but since they changed the account numbers for everyone, that hx was lost(and per WFAF, there's no way to get that back because they don't have access anymore).  When we look at his account online, it only shows a payment hx from 10/31/06 on, and its a huge amount, like they held a few payments for awhile and then applied it to DH's acct. So, I don't even know if thats hurting his score or not.  The only thing I can suggest is do a refi as soon as your DH is able and run from WFAF as fast and as far away as you can!!  Thats what we plan to do...good luck....
Live~Laugh~Love

Starting Score: EQ 401, TU430
Current Score: EQ 501, TU 500
Goal Score: 700+ across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Live~Laugh~Love
Message 4 of 15
lukeskywalker7
Established Member

thanks nmorton79

At this stage I am not sure if it is bad or good for them removing  wells fargo from my experian credit files all toghter yet.  I am not sure if equafax and transunion has filed suit or not.  I have not checked. As I said, my states AG sent WFAF on my behalf with all of my infomation I sent them to experian and yesterday I went on line to check my experian file and wells was missing.  I donkt know, I think I will wait a few days to see what happens next.  I have already taken your advise, I will NEVER do buissness with those crooks again.  There are so many horror stories on www wellsfargosucks dot  com, www rip off dot com, just to name a few.  Just type in well fargo auto finance in the search tab and you wlll read hundreds of horror stories just like your friend and mine.  Thank you for listening.

Luke

Message Edited by lukeskywalker7 on 06-22-2008 11:02 AM

Message Edited by lukeskywalker7 on 06-22-2008 11:03 AM

All the Best,
Luke
Message 5 of 15
keithc
Regular Contributor

I HATE WELLS FARGO!!! got rid of them idiots!! done a refi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 6 of 15
lukeskywalker7
Established Member

My car thru them will be paid off shortly and they still have my credit reports messed up after trying for 3 years to clear them up.  They are horrible people and service.  I hope my states AG keeps pushing them for me, if not I will keep trying till they get it right.

All the Best,
Luke
Message 7 of 15
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

One of my TL's with them has been changed to Fidelity Financial.  This was paid off back in 2005, why would the change it now?   I sent a GW letter to WFAF, should I send one to FF too?  WFAF has no record of that old account and I disputed but it came back verified.  Any Idea?
Message 8 of 15
athensguy
Valued Contributor

If they mess up your CR and it's their fault, you don't send GW letters. You send ITS letters.
Message 9 of 15
lukeskywalker7
Established Member

er chambers,

Im new at this.  Can you tell me what is a GW and a ITS letter?  You guys are my teachers.

thanks,
Luke

All the Best,
Luke
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.