cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone ever use Lending Tree for auto loan offers?

tag
IrishPM
Frequent Contributor

Anyone ever use Lending Tree for auto loan offers?

So, I'm going to be in the market to purchase a vehicle in a couple of weeks and decided to take up a suggestion from a friend and use Lending Tree as a resource to get multiple loan offers based on a personal credit file. I was kind of shocked at the results. My current FICO scores are low 700's and my inquiry resulted in one lender offer which I had never heard of before in my entire life...and my "Advantage" credit score was 657 (fair). Can anyone explain to me why a FAKO score would be "lower" than a FICO score? If this is any indication of what I'm up against going into a car dealer and applying for a loan with 10% down, I'm not going to walk away very happy with the interest rate they're going to give me. Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
junebug225
New Contributor

Re: Anyone ever use Lending Tree for auto loan offers?

With those scores, I personally would go into the dealer with approval in hand. Credit union maybe? As far is the fako score being lower than fico, way to many varibies to consider for the difference in scores. 

Fico's EQ 540 TU 529 EX 517 starting 3/2015
Fico's EQ 760 TU 775 EX 771 as of 04/204
Long term 775 across the board
Message 2 of 6
sccredit
Valued Contributor

I have never had luck in the past with Lending Tree.  Check out your local CU.  With a 700 FICO you'll get a great rate whether through a dealer or CU.  Even if your score was "657" at a dealer you would likely still get a great rate.

Message 3 of 6
IrishPM
Frequent Contributor

I went ahead and used Lending Tree to get some auto loan offers....Wells Fargo came in at 3.19% and up2drive came in at 3.9% for a 60 month car loan...pre-approved, whatever that means.

Message 4 of 6
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

If you it's winthin 30-60 says, try a Credit Union. I just joined Logix (Lockheed-Martin) and they are offering 1.49% up to 60 months usually with Good credit, not excellent.

Try DCU...

Message 5 of 6
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

Oh pre-approved just means, just pick the car you want and sign the papers. You can also shop like a cash buyer.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.