cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone familiar with ECU Credit union? (Excellent Commitment Unity)

tag
nate4l1f3

Anyone familiar with ECU Credit union? (Excellent Commitment Unity)

Hello, 

First post.... I'm looking into joining ECU Credit union (CVS Pharmacy Employee) and was wondering if anyone can give me some feedback on the process/odds of getting approved for a car loan.  I know this is a long shot but any help or feed back would be appreciated 

Current FICO is 609, up from (578) i also i have 2 things coming off my credit report in march and july.  After those are removed, my total debt which is in collection is a medical bill for $881. I'm at about 33k

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Barris
Established Member

Re: Anyone familiar with ECU Credit union? (Excellent Commitment Unity)

I believe you would need to better your score some but keeping that aside, you can possibly get approved for a car loan. Just apply after the two tradelines you mentioned stops being reported. That would give your score a tiny boost and a clean record looks nicer to the loan officer.

Message 2 of 4
nate4l1f3

Thanks,  Seeing all the approval replies in the other thread from folks with REAL low scores is getting my hopes up.  

Question... WHen both of the tradelines come off my report, i should only expect a small boost? i was thinking it would rise at least to 620??? 

Message 3 of 4
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

As long as you still have collections reported you are not going to see much of a raise. If the accounts being removed are fairly recent then you could expect more score boost than if they are older than your other collections. But as always your mileage may vary. We are just guessing based on other peoples experience.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.