cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have any experience with an Audi Financial Svc's lease?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone have any experience with an Audi Financial Svc's lease?

Yeah I like BMW's products and Audis. My Mini was about $32,000 sticker, and I got a lease on it for 3 years, 10k miles with BMWFS. I'm paying $550 a month (scores were all sub 575 at the time), I could be in an A6 for that or a 4 convertible LOL but I've changed my spending habits and all that jazz, so hopefully the next deal I get will be much better.
Message 11 of 26
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone have any experience with Audi Financial Services? Currently with BMW but considering an Audi when my lease is up. Curious about their underwriting as well. I have a few baddies, but my payment history with all of my Auto loans in the past is flawless and have a pretty good household income to support the vehicle I'd like to lease...just wondering what everyone else's take on them was. Thanks in advance!

My TU was right around yours when I leased my Q3 back in April of 2015. I rolled $5K of negative equity into the lease though, so I've been paying a bit more than someone normally would. Altogether, after my lease buyout next year, I'll have paid 38k for my car, plus the $5K negative equity. Comes out to a 3% interest rate over the whole 6 years. 

One thing I'm looking forward to is walking into the dealership with a blank check for my loan when I purchase the car.. I don't think Audi Financial CPO rates will be able to beat DCU's. 

Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone have any experience with Audi Financial Services? Currently with BMW but considering an Audi when my lease is up. Curious about their underwriting as well. I have a few baddies, but my payment history with all of my Auto loans in the past is flawless and have a pretty good household income to support the vehicle I'd like to lease...just wondering what everyone else's take on them was. Thanks in advance!

My TU was right around yours when I leased my Q3 back in April of 2015. I rolled $5K of negative equity into the lease though, so I've been paying a bit more than someone normally would. Altogether, after my lease buyout next year, I'll have paid 38k for my car, plus the $5K negative equity. Comes out to a 3% interest rate over the whole 6 years. 

One thing I'm looking forward to is walking into the dealership with a blank check for my loan when I purchase the car.. I don't think Audi Financial CPO rates will be able to beat DCU's. 

Occasionally Audi, BMW and some others do finance incentives on CPO cars simlar to new cars.  I suspect we will see this again as I was just reading  the used car market is getting flooded with lease return cars and that is driving down prices.  I wouldn't be surprised to see the German manufactuers use special financing to protect those prices.  Other than that regular financing never beats good credit unions.

Message 13 of 26
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Occasionally Audi, BMW and some others do finance incentives on CPO cars simlar to new cars.  I suspect we will see this again as I was just reading  the used car market is getting flooded with lease return cars and that is driving down prices.  I wouldn't be surprised to see the German manufactuers use special financing to protect those prices.  Other than that regular financing never beats good credit unions.

We shall see Smiley Happy if given the choice between 1.9% Audi and 1.99% DCU, I'll probably go DCU, just for the ease of approval. 

Message 14 of 26
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So you are planning on keeping the Q3?  I only ask because I too purchased a Q3 and had to roll up excess from my previous auto, I didn't lease because the monthly was only $30 lower for me so I went the finaced route so that I could refi at a later date...which I did.  But I've been looking at prices again wondering if I could get into a Q5 with at least a similar payment Smiley Frustrated Would lease if I could get a good monthly and not be killed on the miles.

Message 15 of 26
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@AllCredit wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So you are planning on keeping the Q3?  I only ask because I too purchased a Q3 and had to roll up excess from my previous auto, I didn't lease because the monthly was only $30 lower for me so I went the finaced route so that I could refi at a later date...which I did.  But I've been looking at prices again wondering if I could get into a Q5 with at least a similar payment Smiley Frustrated Would lease if I could get a good monthly and not be killed on the miles.

Yes, I'll be keeping the Q3. I'm currently saving $500 a month towards the down payment, so I'm only going to finance around $17k. Miles have never been a problem for me, since I have a second vehicle. I'm currently 5K miles under where I should be. 

Did you you see the new 2018 Q5 configuator on Audi's website? I built one up to $55K the other day Smiley Happy after the Q3 is paid off, I'll start saving for one of those. 

Message 16 of 26
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

Haha yes I did!  The Q3 comes with so many bells and whistles, I'm not willing to give them up!  I was only at $47K (so probably around $50k OTD)...I really do love the new look (which all are now modeled after the Q3)!  KBB is suggesting that I owe $10K more than what its worth...so I think my 2018 Q5 dreams will be delayed a bit...unless I can figure out how to no be so upside down....sigh...

Message 17 of 26
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@AllCredit wrote:

Haha yes I did!  The Q3 comes with so many bells and whistles, I'm not willing to give them up!  I was only at $47K (so probably around $50k OTD)...I really do love the new look (which all are now modeled after the Q3)!  KBB is suggesting that I owe $10K more than what its worth...so I think my 2018 Q5 dreams will be delayed a bit...unless I can figure out how to no be so upside down....sigh...

I did a lease to get out of the negative equity on a Kia, which seems to lose value faster than you can pay it off, even if you put 20% down... 

Considering the Q3 maxes out at about $41K, you defintiely have some negative equity hurting you. Just put additional principal payments toward the loan if you can, and possibly look at a refi with DCU once the LTV reaches 120% 

Don't roll over negative equity again. Just stay the course and pay off the Q3. It will feel so rewarding to see what your car's title actually looks like, lol.  

Message 18 of 26
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

Oh no $47K was on by 2018 Q5 build out!  But still upside down either way,  I will def look into possibly refi into a better rate...sigh...and increase some payments or put money down at time of refi...I def don't want to continue the rollover death spiral...Thanks for the good advice! 

Thanks for mentioning  DCU I see it mentioned a lot on here...I probably should take a look!  I am currently on a quest to have an arsenal of CUs at my disposal! Smiley Wink

Message 19 of 26
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@AllCredit wrote:

Oh no $47K was on by 2018 Q5 build out!  But still upside down either way,  I will def look into possibly refi into a better rate...sigh...and increase some payments or put money down at time of refi...I def don't want to continue the rollover death spiral...Thanks for the good advice! 

Thanks for mentioning  DCU I see it mentioned a lot on here...I probably should take a look!  I am currently on a quest to have an arsenal of CUs at my disposal! Smiley Wink

DCU is phenomenal. I refi'd my second car with them recently and went from 8.64% to 2.74%, cutting a year off of my loan term and keeping my payments the same (I was paying a little extra every month). Plus they approved me for a $7,400 Visa card at 10% APR without an additional HP. 

And as far as my Q5 build goes - I have to start with the Presteige trim. I want it all Smiley Happy 

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.