cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have experience with Credit Acceptance auto loans?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone have experience with Credit Acceptance auto loans?

I have had the most horrible experience with Credit Acceptance and will never agree to an auto loan with them again.  I purchased the car through Ford a year ago for my son who needed a vehicle.  Soon after that I was diagnosed with cancer; had to stop working and started chemotherapy.  I had to give up my primary vehicle and relied on this car for transportation mainly back and forth to the doctors' offices.  Needless to say my credit worthiness declined while I was unemployed and relied on very low income through my current disability.  I tried very hard to maintain the vehicle until I reached my 29th day late and Credit Acceptance absolutely refused to cooperate with me or to assist with my loan repayment while I kept the car.  They remotely turned the vehicle off the day before the loan was due and advised me that they are repossessing.  This is not even 30 days late on the loan.  I begged, cried and pleaded with them.  I applied for refinancing through my bank; Credit Acceptance was called on a conference hook up with my bank and the CA rep only berated me for being late and disclosed all my financial information with the bank on the line.  Of course the bank declined the loan.  I am in total despair through this experience.  DO NOT FINANCE THROUGH THIS COMPANY.  IF YOU ARE GOING WITH THEM, THIS MEANS YOU ARE A HIGH LOAN RISK ANYWAYS AND THEY ARE USING FRAUDULENT BEHAVIOR TO FOLLOW THEIR CLIENTS.

Message 11 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I just paid one off and I should be receiving the Title by the end of August! 

As long you pay the amount due every month, you'll be fine.  I finally put mine on their auto withdraw  site to keep it current.  I was able to break the pymt up in two monthly pymts, on each payday.  But I had to pay the $10.00 late charge because the 2nd pymt was after the due date.  It worked for me, however.  I determined when my last pymt would be & I set it up online to stop on that date. 

I called after my last pymt was withdrawn to confirm that they discontinued the auto pymt withdraws and they had already removed me from it; that impressed me!

I hated them for years because their collectors (which are from another country and very difficult to understand) would start calling on the due date, which was the 2nd of each month and that was such a hassel to deal with. They were very difficult to understand and they didn't always understand me and sometimes I would get 2-3 calls a day or in a week and it wasn't even past the grace period yet!

This one reason that I set up automatic bank withdraws. 

They started calling me after I set it up and I complained that it was a ridiculous practice and one of the representatives stopped the calls; that impressed me also!

Just make sure you pay every month and you'll be fine with them!  I didn't hate them so much during this period of time!

I want to buy a used car for my daughter and I'm thinking of calling them to try to finance it with them (I must be desparate to jump in that pan again!!)

Message 12 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't understand why you would want to take out another high risk high interest loan again if your last loan is paid off and in a timely manner? Why put yourself through that again?

Message 13 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm just curious as to what FICO score requires a loan company like this? I am starting to look for a vehicle and am scared to get a "loan shark" financing company. My FICO/FAKO is 644 (they are the same for once).

Message 14 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm just curious as to what FICO score requires a loan company like this? I am starting to look for a vehicle and am scared to get a "loan shark" financing company. My FICO/FAKO is 644 (they are the same for once).

Someone unable to secure credit any other way.

Message 15 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gee thanks...what a super contribution of an answer that was.

Message 16 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Gee thanks...what a super contribution of an answer that was.

What answer do you want?

As every contributer has stated as long as you make your payments on time every time you have no problems.

They are no  more loan sharkey then the people who have made poor payment decisions that are forced to use them are criminal.

Their rates are onerous, but when they are the only one going to get you into a car it ends up being your decision to participate.

If you need CAC your only other option is a buy here pay here (ala JD BYRIDER).

But never forget that a significant number of the people they loan to DO default and never pay,

no one at CAC puts a gun to anyone's head and makes them take the deal.

Message 17 of 37
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Everyone please remember to be friendly, supportive, and respectful. We can have different opinions and experiences and still act like adults.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 18 of 37
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@MarineVietVet wrote:

Everyone please remember to be friendly, supportive, and respectful. We can have different opinions and experiences and still act like adults.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

+1, Marine!!!!!!!

Please follow Marine's friendly advice, otherwise warnings will be issued and I'll start pushing buttons. Thank you for listening!Smiley Happy

--fused, myfico moderator

Message 19 of 37
MsDanielle

I have a current loan with them and have had no problems. I read things about them on here regarding payment issues. I'm on automatic payment. The only reason why I went with them is because I've never had an auto loan before and didn't have a co-signer. I have a nice car that gets me to where I go. I plan on refinancing with my CU this fall.

Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.