cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone stumble upon the holy grail of auto loans? (that accept premium payments with cc?)

tag
loan2points

Anyone stumble upon the holy grail of auto loans? (that accept premium payments with cc?)

Hey

Just wondering if anyone came across a bank/lender that allows for making car loan payments with credit card? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Kree
Established Contributor

Re: Anyone stumble upon the holy grail of auto loans? (that accept premium payments with cc?)

When I leased a Nissan we could pay that with a CC, but there was a several % fee if I remember right.

Message 2 of 7
Cherekas
Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone stumble upon the holy grail of auto loans? (that accept premium payments with cc?)

I can pay my auto loan through my credit union as well with a credit card but there is a fee associated with each payment.
Score: F8 EQ 609, EX 597, TU 614 (1/17) Current Score: F8 EQ 701, EX 714, TU 689 (12/18)

Goal Score: 700+ across all 3--Gardening until May 2019
USAA Amex-USAA Rate Advantage VS- Amex Gold- Amex Delta Blue- Macys- NYC CC- Victoria's Secret- Cap 1 QS- NFCU CR- Care Credit- Firestone- Sams Club CC- Best Buy Visa- Paypal 2% MC

Total CL $96,300
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

How is this the holy grail of auto loans?

The last thing I ever want is the knowledge that something can be paid with a CC.  In general, the moment a company starts accepting CCs, they pad their prices by 5-10% to do so.   I know all of my businesses do just that to offset the cost of merchant processing, chargebacks, etc.

The best loans are those that charge a fee for everything in order to give people the absolute lowest rate possible.

My holy grail auto loan would involve:

1. Fee for paying by check
  2. Fee for calling customer service
  3. Fee for paper/mailed statements
  4. No fee for ACH payments pushed

The more fees that others would pay, the cheaper my loan would be for me

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Many (most?) car dealers won't allow payment via credit card once a price is agreed upon because they have to pay an extra CC processing fee based on a percentage of the transaction. If you negotiated a fantastic deal, you will most likely be prohibited from the agreed upon price being charged to your CC, or your closing price will be renegotiated to reflect most if not all of their CC processing fees.

Please correct me if wrong - this is 2nd hand info from a friend of mine who is the finance guy for a local dealership and I'm just repeating what he told me. YMMV.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any dealer on Amex Autos will accept Amex for full purchase price.  But at MSRP.

Message 6 of 7
MICHAELM30
Established Member

Altura Credit Union in Riverside County CA, I pay my auto loan with my Citi DC. There a small processing fee but i end up netting around $7 in rewards per payment. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.