Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone use Rate Genius?

tag
3MV
New Contributor

Anyone use Rate Genius?

I have been trying to refinance my 21% interest loan with Chase for a few months now with no luck. Went to lending tree today as a last resort and they sent to Rate Genius who found me financing through a local credit union for 4.99%! This will save me so much money, I feel like it's too good to be true. Anyone know anything at all about Rate Genius? Loan officer was very nice on the phone, just waiting for the loan docs to be emailed.

Starting Score: 539 EQ 11/1/2011
Current Score: 648 EQ SW , 670 TU SW, 654 EX (MTG Pull 8/19/2013)

**It's a marathon not a sprint**
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Anyone use Rate Genius?

Hrm, no I hadn't heard of it even.  Would you mind posting here your progress and how it all turns out?  I had simply planned to try refinancing with 3 lenders known to be pretty liberal, but if I can accomplish something similar with a wider base, that's probably preferable.

LendingTree didn't send me there when I tried them when I was purchasing a car in Dec.

        
Message 2 of 4
3MV
New Contributor

Recieved my loan packet and sent back yesterday. They received it this morning and sent me an email saying they are processing and sending to the credit union. So far, very smooth process. The score they gave me on my application said they pulled Experian, and it was 696. That must be auto enhanced because my EQ and TU scores are nowhere close to that. This is going to save me over $8k in interest, I am over the moon about that!

Starting Score: 539 EQ 11/1/2011
Current Score: 648 EQ SW , 670 TU SW, 654 EX (MTG Pull 8/19/2013)

**It's a marathon not a sprint**
Message 3 of 4
indecison
Regular Contributor

I used rate Genius through lending tree on a refinance. I was hooked up with Teachers Credit Union. Overall I was pleased with the process. I have nothing bad to say at all!!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.