cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone with DCU and has Relationship Benefit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone with DCU and has Relationship Benefit?

Hey guys,

I was wondering, does anyone with the relationship benefit just push money from their other bank accounts into DCU to qualify for the direct deposit requirement? What bank do you use to push money to DCU? Is there a minimum that needs to be pushed?

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Ardecko
Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone with DCU and has Relationship Benefit?

I'm curious about this as well. It might be in the DCU mega thread, but yikes.

I'm not thrilled about DCU's $5 outgoing ACH fee.
2017-09-09 FICO 08: EQ 677, TU 640, EX 705
2020-02-07 FICO 08: TU 789
2020-02-10 FICO 08: EX 752

Gardening, mostly, again until... soon(I need to replace my car)

Message 2 of 5
iced
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys,

I was wondering, does anyone with the relationship benefit just push money from their other bank accounts into DCU to qualify for the direct deposit requirement? What bank do you use to push money to DCU? Is there a minimum that needs to be pushed?

Thanks! 

I’m doing it the other way around. I use DCU as my starting point where direct deposits go, then transfer money to other banks from DCU (for better savings rates, mostly).

Message 3 of 5
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@iced wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys,

Thanks! 

I’m doing it the other way around. I use DCU as my starting point where direct deposits go, then transfer money to other banks from DCU (for better savings rates, mostly).

Yeah, that's what I do. I got the best rate for a car loan from them in October and moved a part time job payroll direct deposit to them for the relationship status which, among other benefits, gives you a half point discount on loan rates. Their Bill Pay service is very good, and it's easy to move money to accounts elsewhere if I accumulate a surplus. And you are aware DCU savings/share account pays you 5% interest up to a $1k balance? I keep $995 in savings and when the monthly interest pushes the balance over $1k I move 5 bucks to checking.

Doctor of Credit has a long list of banks & CU's where deposits other than payroll or government benefit meet the DD requirement, but they have nothing for DCU. And DCU states "Recurring Direct deposit of your net pay, Social Security, or pension to your DCU checking account".

Message 4 of 5
iced
Valued Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

Yeah, that's what I do. I got the best rate for a car loan from them in October and moved a part time job payroll direct deposit to them for the relationship status which, among other benefits, gives you a half point discount on loan rates. Their Bill Pay service is very good, and it's easy to move money to accounts elsewhere if I accumulate a surplus. And you are aware DCU savings/share account pays you 5% interest up to a $1k balance? I keep $995 in savings and when the monthly interest pushes the balance over $1k I move 5 bucks to checking.

Doctor of Credit has a long list of banks & CU's where deposits other than payroll or government benefit meet the DD requirement, but they have nothing for DCU. And DCU states "Recurring Direct deposit of your net pay, Social Security, or pension to your DCU checking account".

I keep just over $1000 in my DCU savings account, but the rate goes to crap for amounts over $1000, so I keep the excess in other savings accounts where there are better interest rates. Every three months or so, I siphon the extra over $1000 over to another savings account as well.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.