cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for an auto loan, dealership submitted to 10 different lenders! Is my score toast?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Applied for an auto loan, dealership submitted to 10 different lenders! Is my score toast?

When I called them the guy admitted to me he was wrong and that's where the excuse came in of him not realizing his system did that. The type of dealership this was I am very shocked they would do anything like that. I had already paid my portion of the balance last Saturday because DCU didn't approve the entire amount so they sent the check on Monday. They never had my social for anything I read every paper I signed to make sure they didn't pull any tricks like that. So much for that...lol Smiley LOL

Message 11 of 17
johnnyscience

Re: Applied for an auto loan, dealership submitted to 10 different lenders! Is my score toast?

I authorized the dealership to run my credit, I didn't realize they were then going to allow 10 other banks and lenders run it as well. 

Starting Equifax Score 5/12/14: 585
Starting Transunion Score 5/12/14: 553
Starting Experian Score 5/12/14: 544
Goal Score: 680-700
Message 12 of 17
EddieK
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

When I called them the guy admitted to me he was wrong and that's where the excuse came in of him not realizing his system did that. The type of dealership this was I am very shocked they would do anything like that. I had already paid my portion of the balance last Saturday because DCU didn't approve the entire amount so they sent the check on Monday. They never had my social for anything I read every paper I signed to make sure they didn't pull any tricks like that. So much for that...lol Smiley LOL

I give you credit, you're handling it way better than I would have.

Starting Scores:
1/19/14:

1/28/14:
2/12/14:
Current Scores:
7/10/19:
12/17/16:
9/05/17:
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been trying not to think about it. But I came here to see if anyone had any experiences like this. I found this out of Wednesday the day after I had already paid and I am waiting for the guy to call me back.to let me know how they will resolve this. I really want to think this was an accident, but I know that would be the naive side of me. He said they wanted to get me a lower rate and I reminded  him I said no to them a total of 4 times. There has to be some incentitive they get for either simply just running your credit or by using one of their banks. If the 7 are not removed I will have to file a complaint. 

@EddieK wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

In April I applied for a cap1 blank check the inquiries were removed last week. So after 9 months they removed it. You may have some luck I have seen some inquiries deleted after a year. I'm not sure why or how. 

@johnnyscience wrote:

I authorized the dealership to run my credit, I didn't realize they were then going to allow 10 other banks and lenders run it as well. 

Message 15 of 17
guydiver
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been trying not to think about it. But I came here to see if anyone had any experiences like this. I found this out of Wednesday the day after I had already paid and I am waiting for the guy to call me back.to let me know how they will resolve this. I really want to think this was an accident, but I know that would be the naive side of me. He said they wanted to get me a lower rate and I reminded  him I said no to them a total of 4 times. There has to be some incentitive they get for either simply just running your credit or by using one of their banks. If the 7 are not removed I will have to file a complaint. 

@EddieK wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yep.  That's why they pull your credit.  If they can get you to finance with them, they get a cut of it. Might only be a couple hundred bucks, but it adds to their profit on the deal.  That's why they can be so sleazy about it. F&I guys know EXACTLY what they are doing.  Don't even think otherwise.  They count on your ignorance and don't expect anyone to be so credit savvy.   

Message 16 of 17
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

@johnnyscience wrote:

Well that sucks...

How long do these inquries stay on and is there any way to force them to drop off?

I just want to add that, as I stated with my other post they do show up (all 10) but your score will only look at it as one pull.  As others have said, yes (some) creditors can have a problem with, but most wont.  Creditors are much more concerned about many other things on your credit, than you going car shopping and having 10 inq.  because of this.  That's why it is set up as such because most will shop around for their auto and mortgages.  I say don't fret and once your credit scores get better with time this will not even be a bleep on the radar!  Smiley Happy

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.