cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for auto loan at NFCU and waiting!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applied for auto loan at NFCU and waiting!!!

So i called NFCU yesterday and put in an application for an auto loan. I was sooo nervous but i explained to the loan officer my situation with my credit and he said he would put my explanation onto my  application so that they would consider it. I explained to him also that i opened up a CC account about 7 mths ago and and i have never been late on it one bit and that have a couple of baddies that i am in the process of taking care off to get off my credit. I also explained that i dont have a car at the moment, but was hoping that they would consider that i have been trying to rebuild for a while now. I have been with NFCU since i was like 12 and now i'm 30. This is the only issue though...in 2005 i didnt even know that i had overdrawn my account by $232.00 and that was the first time i had did that. They didnt flat out decline me (which has happened before), but their was a message on my application by the Loan Authorization department when i went to check the status saying that i owed this balance before they could consider my application. When i applied last time they didnt tell me this information and i was flat out declined, but this time they told me. Well i asked the customer service person on the phone if they even looked at it and she stated they got it but they would need me to pay this overdrawn amount in order to  "consider" me. So i guess what i'm asking is what are my chances of getting approved if i do pay this amount? i would pay them regardless if i got declined, but i dont want to just pay for an answer either( geez, i sounded bad when i said that!LOL!)

They didnt decline me, but i didnt get approved either, so.....what do u guys think? I'm really wondering how this is all going to go......

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Applied for auto loan at NFCU and waiting!!!

Probably the only answer anyone can give you here is that by not paying you will not be approved...... ever.

I am very confused how you could have gone 5 years not knowing you owed them money.

If you are still using them as a bank I am surprised they have not seized the funds from you.

If you do not have an active relationship with them (direct deposit set up, money invested with them) you are setting yourself up for failure. 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

"If you do not have an active relationship with them (direct deposit set up, money invested with them) you are setting yourself up for failure. "

Setting myself up for failure? Not exactly....i actually have other accounts set up and i dont just only look to them for my success-there are other ways of being successful. I'm pretty sure some people dont know until they inquire. I moved from where i was and i wasnt getting my mail and it wasnt getting delivered. So maybe thats the reason. SEIZED? i think garnishment would be the correct term......

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

"If you do not have an active relationship with them (direct deposit set up, money invested with them) you are setting yourself up for failure. "

Setting myself up for failure? Not exactly....i actually have other accounts set up and i dont just only look to them for my success-there are other ways of being successful. I'm pretty sure some people dont know until they inquire. I moved from where i was and i wasnt getting my mail and it wasnt getting delivered. So maybe thats the reason. SEIZED? i think garnishment would be the correct term......

You can call it whatever you want, but:

1- garnished is a legal term and it involves a court action.

2- "Deducted" is what most people banks call taking funds from one account you own to pay shortages you have generated in another.

Either way I call it "Seized" since you have no real control over the process.

And moving or not- you changed phone numbers/did not get forwarding mail/never logged into your old account?

'cause NFCu has never had a problem getting ahold of me.

You can call it whatever you want but it remains that you left an institution with monies owed and they simply can choose not to do business, or limit what type of business to do with you 'till you settle up and pay what you owe. And even then they can still black list you because the question they ask is: whats stopping you from doing it again?

As to "success" or "failure" my comments were directed to the chances of you getting approved for a loan, not directed to a general statement of how your life will be viewed by yourself or others.

The question I do ask is did you make good to the people you bounced checks on?

And yes NFCU, expecially with people with credit challenges, DOES seriously take into account if the person is actually using their banking services on a whole or just trying to pump them for a loan.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

i guess i could say that your advice almost sways me to run the other way or just not so positive right now. I'm not just calling it what i want, but at the same time i feel like  your having to SPELL out my shortcomings or laying down every reason to not give me the loan....thats wonderful news. I do have control of my own future and destiny so whatever comes my way, i'm pretty well prepared. I didnt think i felt the need to contact them about my account especially if i use my other accounts very well such as Marine federal. If you dont use accounts very often it wouldnt really make me question if i owed anything to them I only use my savings with them and thats the shocker because i do have direct deposit with them and they surely didnt take from that.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.