cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied online -- if I go to the dearlership can they repull and make a diff decision

tag
jkjklkjkl
Contributor

Applied online -- if I go to the dearlership can they repull and make a diff decision

I applied online for an auto lease, with the only reason being that I don't need the car, but would take it if everything came together right. If I get denied or don't get the most favorable terms, would going to the dealership, subsequently, offer me different results? If I go to the dealership, should I mention that I've already applied online (I ask this because I would prefer that they pull and get an impression for themselves) or would the same results be had?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Applied online -- if I go to the dearlership can they repull and make a diff decision

The dealership is fully interested in making the sale.  They may have further resources that they can use to get the terms to your liking.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 5
blackie1
Valued Member

Re: Applied online -- if I go to the dearlership can they repull and make a diff decision

What kind of a decision did you get when you applied online?Smiley Indifferent

2fst4u
Message 3 of 5
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@jkjklkjkl wrote:

I applied online for an auto lease, with the only reason being that I don't need the car, but would take it if everything came together right. If I get denied or don't get the most favorable terms, would going to the dealership, subsequently, offer me different results? If I go to the dealership, should I mention that I've already applied online (I ask this because I would prefer that they pull and get an impression for themselves) or would the same results be had?

If you want the best term you typically wouldn't borrow from dealership, you instead should apply auto loan at credit union. If approved, take that check and use it as cash to buy the car you want. Plus paying with cash at dealership typically gives you more room to negotiate out of door price.

You should only apply loan at dealership/manufactuer only when they have 0% APR deal and you have excellent credit.

Message 4 of 5
jkjklkjkl
Contributor

I applied online with Acura, for a lease and was later denied stating that I will receive a letter explaining why.  I have a current auto loan, with on-time, more than minimum, payments and have past positive loan experience.  My utilization is a little high, while I'm in school.  I pursued the lease because my payments would be lowered and it would be a newer car.

And, for anyone wondering, they pulled EQ for me, here in TX.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.