Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for a loan with wildly different scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applying for a loan with wildly different scores

Hi Everyone,

I am about to buy a (new car) and pre-qualified with CapitolOne with about 3.31% as the lowest rate (this depends on about $4k downpayment which I can put).  My scores from the three burueas are wildy different (690 TU, 629 EX, 637 EQ). Based on the simulator, the TU should go up north of 700 after this month (because of my student loan going below $10k) This is because I have a collection which was removed from TU, but is still there on the other two burueaus. I have disputed it, and it might be take off at the end of this month. But in worst case, it will be next month.

So I'm assuming my rate on the pre-qualification was based on my TU score. But since CapitolOne pulls from all three burueaus, they might increase my rate when they do a hard pull.

My questions are:

Can I ask the finance team, just to pull my credit from Transunion? (I saw in some posts, certain people asked this and got what they wanted)

Should I wait to shop around for loan rates from banks and credit unions because in the off chance the collection will be removed, the rates will go up? But if I do now, I have twice the number of hard pulls.

Are there any other places I can pre-qualify for a loan rate before without getting a hard pull?

Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.