Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying jointly for an auto loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applying jointly for an auto loan

One of us have pretty decent credit other not so good--will applying together affect the interest rate etc--or would it be based on the highest score which would be the primary borrower?

In a case like this is it best to try alone versus together?

Together we have a higher total combined income....

Just want to make a decision based off the best outcome..I know its hard to know for sure without specific details--however if anyone can provide insight on jointly applying I would appreciate it

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: Applying jointly for an auto loan

Are you married to the coapplicant, AWLEGZ?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Applying jointly for an auto loan

@Anonymous wrote:

One of us have pretty decent credit other not so good--will applying together affect the interest rate etc--or would it be based on the highest score which would be the primary borrower?

In a case like this is it best to try alone versus together?

Together we have a higher total combined income....

Just want to make a decision based off the best outcome..I know its hard to know for sure without specific details--however if anyone can provide insight on jointly applying I would appreciate it

If you are going through a dealership the finance manager will know the best wat to structure the deal and which way to implement it.

You also really need to define "not so good" as in repos in general or a previous bad history with that lender will pretty much kill the deal as it stands.

The big issue on needing the combined income is what debts to income the high score applicant has.

if the high score has too much debt in their name, even though they are splitting those costs in real life, a co on the deal may be needed just to offset that.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.