Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval odds?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approval odds?

I can wait I'm not in a hurry I'm a very patient person. I just like to always check odds. I'm also always changing  earlier in the week I was looking at a 26k focus more as a random want (even though I know it's not some thing I would want to keep) this week I'm looking at some thing much more financially responsible. A 20k Mazda 3 lol. I know what I will get but some times I go off on random tangents when it come to theoretical purchase. So as an update the focus is out at 26k the Mazda is in at 20k (msrp pricing, real pricing would be cheaper but let's go off msrp for now) 

I'm not in major need of a vehicle but it's nice to know that I could if I wanted too. I won't apply until I feel sure that I can get a loan or lease for the Mazda.

assuming the same scores but a good relation with my cu

at 20k loan with 20% down, does that sound feasible?

Message 11 of 14
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

One thing I do monitor is Focus prices.

Ford is giving out monster deals on any Focus, you should never pay $26K unless it's OTD. I've seen lots of people get a Focus ST ST3 package for that when MSRP is $30K.

If your considering the Focus Electric, the C-Max Hybrid is a better value based on the rebates alone.

I would wait, I know they have a Cinco De Mayo sale happening now, but you'll get another one around Memorial Day and another one at the 4th of July.

It's more than 60 Days to the 4th of July. I would do whatever I can to get my score up. That said I know Ford has a dealer promotion (you won't find it online) that they are giving Tier 1 rates for Tier 3 credit scores. In other words, as long as your score is over 590 you shouldn't get any worse than about 7.5% interest. 

You don't have to put anything more down than TTL if you must. On $20K about $2 or so. If you can get your scores a bit higher and never had a new car loan before, you may qualify for some first time buyer programs. 

Message 12 of 14
RussianPassion
Regular Contributor

Any car that is one of the more popular rental cars is not a smart buy as a new car. Its used version value is at teh bottom of the used car values because of the overabundent supply. So, Focus.... Not a good a idea.

Message 13 of 14
jkjklkjkl
Contributor

To have the maximum score, it's suggested that you have 3 open credit cards.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.