Did you mean: 

Approval on Auto Loan?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approval on Auto Loan?

Hello,

Hopefully some can assist.

I'm currently in the market for a new vehicle and I've found one I like for $25,500

The only problem is I'm currently on disability and only make 13,500 a year,  

I also recently bought a house with my fiancee.   Even though both of our names are on the mortgage she makes the montly payment.

Currently I have no debt other than the Mortgage.  

Is this something I could get approval on or would I need to include my fiancee's income as well.   Fico scores are within the 680-720 range

Thank you

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Approval on Auto Loan?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

Hopefully some can assist.

I'm currently in the market for a new vehicle and I've found one I like for $25,500

The only problem is I'm currently on disability and only make 13,500 a year,  

I also recently bought a house with my fiancee.   Even though both of our names are on the mortgage she makes the montly payment.

Currently I have no debt other than the Mortgage.  

Is this something I could get approval on or would I need to include my fiancee's income as well.   Fico scores are within the 680-720 range

Thank you

Since you are not married I do not believe you can just add her income. You can add her as a co-buyer which would make the process go easier IMO.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 6
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

Yeah, you will probably need to add her as a cobuyer.  I make around the same as you do working part time and they said income was too low for a car loan.

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well we both sent in an application for a joint auto loan and I happy to report that we've been approved.

Because of our decent Fico scores we were also able to get a decent interest rate.

Thanks again

Message 5 of 6
Tazman81
Established Contributor

congratz.

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.