Approval or wait longer?

[ Edited ]

Hey guys, 

I have read on this forum for quite some time now.  I am curious to see what your opinions are on me possibly getting a loan approval.  I am thinking about a 35-40k truck.  Here is my scenario:

I have had 5 auto loans.  3 are paid off and done, and I am currently financing two.  In June of 2011 I hit a rough patch and had two 30 day late payments on the vehicles I currently own.  Other than that, my auto history is flawless.  I know that those are recent and I am wondering if it will have an impact on my approval.  I will be trading in one of the vehicles. 

I have a 675 Equifax, and haven't checked Transunion but they are usually 10 points within each other.  I just paid off another card, which has a 1500 limit and it hasn't showed on my report yet.  My cards total 7800 limit and I am about to be using 1000 of that limit after this next report.  I am thinking my score will be right around 700 but could be 720 or so in about a week.  

I pay 650 a month in rent and that's pretty much it besides utitlities.  My combined income a month is around 5k.  

Should I wait longer to see if I can get a deal or should I give it a shot? Thanks in advance for all of the help!

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.