Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval requirements

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approval requirements

Hello everyone this will be my first post here. I am in need of refianancing and not sure which route to take or what company would be able to approve me. I have been with my current auto company for a year now and I would like to lower my payments. My CK score is very poor at 538. I currently bank with NFCU and I know they offer some great rates but not too confident they would approve me. If anyone has advice, recommendations, or experience I would really appreciate it.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approval requirements

My adivce would be to take a few months and clean up your credit.  I took out an auto loan last October at 19.25%.  I cleaned up my reports and got my score up, and last week I refianced at 6.39%.  My payment went down $170 per month.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You also need to get your real FICO scores.  CK scores don't mean much.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I probably will just wait to improve my scores. Wondering if anyone else was successful in getting a better rate. Thank you for your advice Rising_Scores

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone this will be my first post here. I am in need of refianancing and not sure which route to take or what company would be able to approve me. I have been with my current auto company for a year now and I would like to lower my payments. My CK score is very poor at 538. I currently bank with NFCU and I know they offer some great rates but not too confident they would approve me. If anyone has advice, recommendations, or experience I would really appreciate it.

As already mentioned, you should check your fico scores to know where you are at, Credit Karma scores are useless. There are probably many ways that you can boost your score, please spend some time reading the credit rebuilding forum on this site, you will find a lot of great information on how to get scores up. If you post over on the rebuilding forum, you should give some information on what kind of accounts you have and what kind of negative information is on your reports and you will most likely get some helpful advice.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.