cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval through American Honda Finance after previous repo with them is no longer reporting?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approval through American Honda Finance after previous repo with them is no longer reporting?

My credit has rebounded a lot since everything from 2005 has just about fallen off and I will want to finance a new car in March 2013.  I think I want to get an Acura again but voluntarily surrendered one in 05 to the dealer. It was auctioned off with a remaining balance that I never paid but Honda finance charged off and is no longer reporting on my credit reports. Does anyone have any insight if Honda would consider the repo/unpaid balance from their past records or are they going to only look at the current credit reports and my ability to pay when determining approval and interest rates?  My current scores are below but should be slightly better when I'm ready to buy.

Transunion: Fako 769

Equifax Fako: 689

Experian Fako: 775 FICO Lender Pull: 740 8/2012

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

Re: Approval through American Honda Finance after previous repo with them is no longer reporting?

If I had to guess, I'd say they will probably have an issue with your prior repo, especially since you didn't make good on the remaining balance.  While it might not be showing on your CRs any longer, they still have their internal records.  The good news is that there are many other lenders out there.  If you belong to a CU, they might be your best bet for a new car loan.  CUs offer some of the best rates around.  Good luck!

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.